P4 Lost

Reaction score
Hi,

Im a video designer and a newbie in the drone world, so sorry for my lack of knowledge.
I was flying my p4 all the day long up on forests and mountains without any problems, no big interferences, gps was ok but at some point , when he was out of sight, the aircraft disconnected and the screen went grey…after some seconds he asked if I want to use the RTH and I said yes. He never came back. I still got on my app the last videos and the last point recorded by the gps.
So i sent some mountain climber to search for it both in the last registered point and the line from that point to the home point but they did not find it.
I really don’t know where he could be landed or crashed…
I don’t know if it was my fault to go so far away or what went wrong but still now is missing…
Here u can check the flight log

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

If you can help me to find out what happen or where he can be more precisely would be great,

Thanks in advance.

Was your RTH height set high enough to avoid all the trees around you? Sorry about the loss, keep looking thought, you might get it back.

Was your RTH height set high enough to avoid all the trees around you? Sorry about the loss, keep looking thought, you might get it back.

Yes it was very high, the drone was flying backwards and from the cache footage I can see that it's higher than trees in the RTH.
Thanks

Yes it was very high, the drone was flying backwards and from the cache footage I can see that it's higher than trees in the RTH.
Thanks
it was 30% when you lost it and it was set very high... makes me think it went straight up, then straight down because when it gets to 10% battery it autolanded
sorry, but you arent getting it back at this point unless a miracle happens
never be at 2000 ft away at 33% battery especially if your RTH is set high because once it gets to 10% it will land itslef

Ur bird landed its self due low battary somewhere between home point and the point it did ask for the RTH. u can find it if u take a walk through this pass straight. Unless someone else found it. Always keep ur name and adress attached to ur bird so u dont face cases like this. Goodluck finding it.

when he was out of sight, the aircraft disconnected and the screen went grey…after some seconds he asked if I want to use the RTH and I said yes. He never came back.
That looks like a really great flying location. I've been enjoying that scenery, watching the Giro
It's unfortunate that one of the best ways to learn about the Phantom is to lose one.

It looks like you had sufficient height to be clear of the hills between the Phantom and home.
Your Phantom was 640 metres from home when the flight record ends.
RTH for the P4 would fly at 10 metres/sec (in still air) and so would have taken only a minute and signal should have been restored before that.
The Phantom's speed going out indicates the wind may have been blowing away from you but not enough to be a serious problem for RTH.
Even though your battery level was low at 33%, the Phantom should still have been able to make it home and descend.

The second last record shows your Phantom losing the video downlink but at this point you still had control signal and could have controlled the Phantom to make it go higher and perhaps get better signal that way, or bring it back closer or initiate RTH.
Your flight record doesn't show any sign of RTH starting.
If your Phantom started RTH properly, you should have heard the beep-beep-beep from the controller to let you know that RTH was happening.
Do you remember if you got that beep-beep confirmation?

Reactions: mediccj
I think when the bird lost connection the RTH due to disconnection popped on your screen, however you mistakenly touched cancel instead of ok
That means your bird never entered the RTH mode.
Meaning it hovered there till it reached landing threshold which is 10% . However if you have the smart RTH on . You should have another chance for returning home due to low battery.
Check if this smart RTH is on or off

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20