P4 Long Range Boosted Extender

Reaction score
Hey,

I just came across this kit which apparently requires no drilling, plugs into the original antenna sockets and provides up to 9 miles of range... :eek:

We all know how bad the P4 range can be, especially in areas with lots of interference. What do you guys think about it?

Long Range Boosted Kit for Phantom 4 - FPVLR

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

take a look at the DBS mods one than decide which one to buy.

Reactions: PaulJohn
FPVLR mods are hand made in the USA from high quality materials.

DBS are mass produced in a factory in China. I have used FPVLR mods a few times and can attest to the quality.
I will be purchasing the FPVLR boosted kit for a P4 shortly. I am not trying to detract from DBS mods at all, I read many reviews of people very happy with their products and how well they work. The general consensus from the way I read it is FPVLR are a little bit better but for a lot more money, (this is the way i read the consensus and may not be fact, I guess if you own a P4 money is an after thought. I never usually see threads where anyone rates DBS mods as better than the equivalent FPVLR mod, it does seem however DBS has a better results>cost ratio but I will personally stick with what I view as certified quality and great performance even if it cost a little more

Hey,

I just came across this kit which apparently requires no drilling, plugs into the original antenna sockets and provides up to 9 miles of range... :eek:

We all know how bad the P4 range can be, especially in areas with lots of interference. What do you guys think about it?

Long Range Boosted Kit for Phantom 4 - FPVLR

Paul

DBS are mass produced in a factory in China. I have used FPVLR mods a few times and can attest to the quality.
I will be purchasing the FPVLR boosted kit for a P4 shortly. I am not trying to detract from DBS mods at all, I read many reviews of people very happy with their products and how well they work. The general consensus from the way I read it is FPVLR are a little bit better but for a lot more money, (this is the way i read the consensus and may not be fact), I guess if you own a P4 money is an after thought. I never usually see threads where anyone rates DBS mods as better than the equivalent FPVLR mod, it does seem however DBS has a better results>cost ratio but I will personally stick with what I view as certified quality and great performance even if it cost a little more

Yes new FPVLR kit does not require drilling holes and also has integrated micro amplifiers if you want the amplified kit.

You can see those tiny boxes are the amps

Only thing I'm wondering is why are they offering a $100 installation service (specifically for P4 remote) if the kit really is plug and play? [emoji849]

Anyone know the cost and delivery time to the UK?

Thanks! :)

The kit is not plug and play you still have to open up the control disconnect your antenna jacks and route the new ones through your control, what they mean is no new holes are needed because the new leads have the right fittings to fit tightly up against the original holes in you're control and take the weight of the new antenna. Where as traditionally we would leave the original antennas in place and drill two new holes for the new antenna to fit tightly to the control, it is a easy mod with the right tools just a bit fiddly.

Maxxuav.com is doing the DBS antenna without drilling holes. They are using the existing holes. Mine will be here Tuesday I'll post some pics.

I will be purchasing the FPVLR boosted kit for a P4 shortly. I am not trying to detract from DBS mods at all, I read many reviews of people very happy with their products and how well they work. The general consensus from the way I read it is FPVLR are a little bit better but for a lot more money, (this is the way i read the consensus and may not be fact), I guess if you own a P4 money is an after thought. I never usually see threads where anyone rates DBS mods as better than the equivalent FPVLR mod, it does seem however DBS has a better results>cost ratio but I will personally stick with what I view as certified quality and great performance even if it cost a little more

The Phantom 4 happens to be mass produced in China as well...............

For me I have had better results with the linear dbs panel than I did CP antennas on any of my phantoms . Environmental factors are the most important thing. But I'm going to stick with what has worked best for me and that's the dbs .

Not true . The new dbs panel that Keith was using will be available for sale on April 17. It's called the terminator . Sounds to me like someone is a sore loser lol. And I said the dbs holds the record for the Phantom 3 , 4 and the matrice . I didnt say anything about the p2 . And Jon was using a battery modification on his p2. The fact is that the dbs is the best antenna on the market. Those records that the dbs holds shows the potential of these antennas. While most people will never fly 10 miles away. But it's nice to know that you can :)

Last edited:
Reactions: hotelzululima
Not true . The new dbs panel that Keith was using will be available for sale on April 17. It's called the terminator . Sounds to me like someone is a sore loser lol. And I said the dbs holds the record for the Phantom 3 , 4 and the matrice . I didnt say anything about the p2 . And Jon was using a battery modification on his p2. The fact is that the dbs is the best antenna on the market. Those records that the dbs holds shows the potential of these antennas. While most people will never fly 10 miles away. But it's nice to know that you can :)

Who will be selling the terminator? How does it differ from the itelite if you know?

Sure does and they are better hand made drones in existence, what's the point?

I think the point he is trying to make is you get what you pay for. Can you get an equivalent drone made in the USA that meets or exceeds the phantom 4 specs and features? Yes ...but you'll end up paying a lot more...same with the antennae boosters.. I'm not sure what fplvr are selling for but $100 for DBs mod is cheap!!made in China generally means similar performance at a much cheaper price!!

Reactions: Wibble
Someone posted a video comparing linear to polar antennas, and the video feed from polar appeared much softer.
How does video quality with FPVLR compare to stock antennas?

33% cheaper for similar performance and much better form factor would be a no brained for me..I've been thinking of doing the Dbs mod..[emoji848]

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Looks like horizon antennas in the UK will be the first but I'm sure it will available in the US soon after. Looks like this will have dual 19 dbi antennas. I have also heard that the production unit will be smaller and more compact than the prototype . I can't wait to see it and fly with it. But for everyday flying the original dbs would be much easier to use and aim.

Attachments

• 1459959695467.jpg
    1459959695467.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member