P4 Just started drifting at full speed.

Reaction score
Was flying my p4 yesterday over a large body of water. Not much wind. All of a sudden it just started to drift sideways at full speed. I was able to gain control of it and RTH but I just scared me. Is there anything I should be looking for before I send it up again?

Take a look at your flight log to see if it indicates why it was drifting. You can upload and view your TXT flight log online here.

df441623f0590c9b2026207917d6189e.jpg

"GPS_Atti" really means "P-GPS" in the Airdata logs. You'll see user-friendly flight mode descriptions if you use my log viewer instead.

When I lose GPS my bird goes to atti automatically, when I replay my flights from flight records in GO I often see a mesage that it has switched to atti then in comes back to GPS, this happened often and I had never noticed this in flight as I am looking to the sky and not at the tablet. The craft still flys well as usual and this is one reason to learn how to fly in atti. RTH will work in any mode as long as you have satelites.

I just don't want to do that again... Scary. Im gonna go through and re calibrate everything just to be safe.

Your flight path has a few odd circular patterns. It looks like you had a bad compass calibration.

When and where did you last calibrate your compass?

I calibrated it just before I took off. Just weird. Like I said I'm gonna go through everything and try some flying tomorrow.

Took a flight yesterday over water and everything worked great. Must have just been one of those days. Im just nervous about a fly away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan