P4 in the Med.

Reaction score
Literally. My 10 week old Phantom 4 is currently residing at No.27 Lobster Pot, Santa Ponsa Bay, Majorca, Spain. Not sure of the postcode.
In a classic case of running before I could walk, I tried taking off from the front of a boat.
Disaster, the bird tried taking off from a slightly slanted surface and flipped right over the side of the boat and into the water. I managed to get it to fly out but it then failed to respond to any controls and started rising sharply. Worried about where it might end up, I hit the land button which completely cut the power and down she came at 127 mph and Badooomph! Gutted.
Any ways, insurance being the answer to everything, I've just been paid out for a replacement and the dilemma is another P4 or Mavic Pro? I'm leaning towards the latter in that I travel a lot and the Mav seems better suited for that.
If I go for the Mavic, I will have some spare P4 stuff going cheap for you UK guys out there.

Lesson learned!

Reactions: Reed L
Neither. Until you do some more reading.
The land button shouldn't cut the power. I think it crashed from shorting out.
And if you are taking off from a boat, you should learn hand launches or get someone else to hold the phantom legs above their heads. Some of the boats are like cars and have magnetic influences.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj