P4 imu cal

Reaction score
So doing the cold imu calibration on the p4 doesn't shorten the imu warm up time, I still have to wait a precious minute, whereas cold imu calibration on the p3 made it instantaneous on start up.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well, the drones (p3 and p4) aré completely different, therefore warm up times cannot be compared. Still the warm up time is about 20-45 seconds in some occasions, not bad at all.!!
I also have a 3DR solo, and warm up can take up to 3 minutes!
So, there you are, the warm up time seems to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for making me aware of the fact that they are different.
My real question is how to shorten the time it takes for the imu to warm up

Thank you for making me aware of the fact that they are different.
My real question is how to shorten the time it takes for the imu to warm up

I've done couple of cold IMU calibration on the P4 and in fact it does not shorten the IMU warm up time, oh well, I guess 45 seconds is not that bad. In fact in when I am flying and land the aircraft to swap batteries, right after the swap I get the IMU initializing message for about 40 seconds or so.

I just sat it in the cold a/c battery out had everything ready to calibrate (IMU calibration screen on the go app) and now it's fully warmed up in 30 seconds...

Last edited:
Reactions: ElGuapo
I just sat it in the cold a/c battery out had everything ready to calibrate (screen on the go app) and now it's fully warmed up in 30 seconds...

In that case I am going to try another cold IMU calibration, now you are making me jealous, Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers