P4 has never gone past 4000ft distance ???

Reaction score
So I've had my P4 for a month now and after seeing on the box that it could go 3.1miles I was hyped but mine disconnects after like 3000ft someone please help

I have seen some posts on here of people going 15000ft + away I mean how is that possible is my drone broken??

My furthest distance is

Attachments

• IMG_0008.PNG
    IMG_0008.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 469
Make sure antennaes are vertical and point the front of rc towards the AC! If that dont help consider buying a set of windsurfer antennae boosters. They have them on amazon. My personal preference are the skyreat copper ones. They slide down over your antennaes and reflect all of the signal to the front. Cost around $20. Best bang for the buck! I pretty much get over 10,000 ft on my P3P!

I'e never managed the 3 miles they advertise... Even over open prairie hay fields, mine gets touchy at about mile. Best I've done is a mile and a half (2.5 Km). But I can always do 3000 to 4000 feet with a solid connection.

I'e never managed the 3 miles they advertise... Even over open prairie hay fields, mine gets touchy at about mile. Best I've done is a mile and a half (2.5 Km). But I can always do 3000 to 4000 feet with a solid connection.

Same here.

On my third day of flying and make it just over 5500 the first day...today was able to hit 7300. Also using the parabolic reflectors as well. Picked them up from drone valley for 12.95 shipped.

Efreme,

It appears that your home point is in or near a large group of trees. Those will really block your signal and reduce range.

I've gotten over 20,000 feet on stock transmitter in a perfect location, but the area I normally fly in has lots of trees and I struggle to get 4000 feet distance.

Try the windsurfers as a cheap easy way to increase distance.

Really work at making sure you are aimed toward the bird at all times.

Increase height of the P4 at distance to reduce interference from the ground structures.

Most important is to find a better place to fly!

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: snowghost
So I've had my P4 for a month now and after seeing on the box that it could go 3.1miles I was hyped but mine disconnects after like 3000ft someone please help

I have seen some posts on here of people going 15000ft + away I mean how is that possible is my drone broken??
...Efremie, 3.1mi Obstacle & Interference Free, Antenna Orientation is also important, RTH works well most of the time but it IS NOT Infallible, ALSO,
IF the Interference is bad enough it could wigg-out your compass in which case theres no telling what it might do.. Hover in place or take off in the wrong
direction.. also worth mentioning when talking about Signal and Interference is the 'The Fresnel Zone'.. dozens of related web-pages out there on the subject, its a good idea to have a basic understanding of it and how it relates to your Signal and Interference...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers