P4 Groupon

Groupon is not an authorized DJI dealer, so you'll probably want to pass on this deal. DJI will only honor their warranty if purchasing from authorized DJI dealers.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
interesting in the description it states there is a 1 year DJI warranty
Ah, descriptions... people can type whatever they want there ;)

Groupon is not listed here on DJI's website. And, this is assuming Groupon is fulfilling the orders since no actual seller is listed in the deal.

the authorized dealer requirement is a PIA for consumers

if they state 1 year warranty in their "fine print" they're obligated to honor it, i wouldnt want to argue the point. best probably to ask the question to confirm the warranty question maybe even email DJI to confirm.

if they state 1 year warranty in their "fine print" they're obligated to honor it
DJI is obligated or Groupon?

DJI has already publicly announced that they will not honor their warranty if you buy a Phantom in the US from a seller that is not an authorized DJI dealer. You can find that in their warranty too.

Groupon.

if groupon's ad states there's a 1 year DJI warranty, that's part of the "goods and services" they are selling.

Like I said, Groupon is not an authorized DJI dealer. Buyer beware.

I have run across sellers that claim your receipt would be from an authorized dealer. These sellers also do not accept returns. There are several of these sellers on eBay. I would only buy from an authorized dealer. A dealer that is listed on DJI's website.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: msinger
Or direct from DJI through Newegg and skip the tax. Depending on where you live, of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $60 more you can get it from Best Buy and be assured of the warranty.
For $28 more, you can get it tax free from an authorized DJI dealer here on Amazon.

Reactions: joet
Yeah but Groupon's says theirs when the camera spots a majestically leaping dear or equally majestic middle-aged jogger, it can automatically track them. I knew I bought mine at the wrong place.

Groupon has stated the following:

I'm sorry for any confusion with the terms if this deal.

However, I can assure you that the sale of this deal has been authorized by DJI. You can more information on warranty at
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81SEASAxVES.pdf.

As always, if you run into an issue redeeming a Groupon you've purchased just let us know and we'll be more than happy to help!

Regards,

Sushma Barkur
Groupon Customer Support

and

Q: Is Groupon an authorized DJI seller? If not, according to DJI they won't honor the 1 year warranty.
A: This item is being sold to you by Groupon Goods and we stand by the products available for sale on our website. If you have any further questions, please let us know at [email protected].

It sounds like they are avoiding the question :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers