P4 Gimbal yaw motor fix

Reaction score
I crashed my P4 into my garage door a few weeks ago and sent it off to the guys at ATKdrones(thanks for your help btw guys) and was told that there might not be a fix for it as DJI has not released a tool to clock the yaw motor in the correct position. Does anyone have any experience replacing the P4 Yaw motor and having success with it facing straight forward the way it is supposed to?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I crashed my P4 into my garage door a few weeks ago and sent it off to the guys at ATKdrones(thanks for your help btw guys) and was told that there might not be a fix for it as DJI has not released a tool to clock the yaw motor in the correct position. Does anyone have any experience replacing the P4 Yaw motor and having success with it facing straight forward the way it is supposed to?

Why dot send it to DJI? (and prepare to wait)

Yeah, send it to DJI and they'll charge you a couple of hundred dollars and send you a reconditioned drone, probably with some of the parts missing. Get suspicious when they show you the website where you can "track" the progress of the repair and it only takes three days! That way they are able to "turn them around" fast. While yours in on its way back, they are getting around to actually repairing your real one. So watch it fellas, its a scam! AND don't expect any cooperation from anyone at DJI. OH, they will eventually reply to your requests but might as well not even try because they are never accurate. Sorry to tell you this but from what I have read over the past 4 weeks, its what they do, and they did it to me also.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Brifaulkner, please keep us up to date on what happens! If you send it to DJI, make lots of closeup photos including your serial number and include COPIES of them with your drone. That way you might come closer to getting a new replacement! It is bad to have to do this but they are not honest! Even when you phone them, the person you talked to is NEVER again there when you call back. And April (if she exists) in support won't reply until you make multiple inquiries over several days' time! When they "repaired" mine, I was able to track it through 4 steps of repair and testing of the drone, THEN SHIPMENT using my serial number! Then the serial number changed! After four or five emails to this April person was I informed that my drone was swapped because mine "was not repairable"! And she was happy to note that I was receiving a NEW DRONE! However I had already paid for the repairs and I wanted to SEE all these parts I had paid for. No response! Then I got what appeared to be a new Phantom 4 except they had left off the four tension springs that kept the propeller tight!!!!!!!!!! And these are not that easy to remove! Not something that could have been accidentally left off!!!!!

SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL when dealing with these people. This "repair then swap" is just a way to get faster turnover of their money and by placing your drone into the chain can they collect as much as they can possibly collect from you and that way can they get this fast repair reputation when in reality all they are doing is perpetulation of this scam. They have never admitted that my crash was a warranty issue because I quickly paid for it. Like I said, read-read-read on this forum and especially DJI's forum.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Will not be sending it to DJI, it wouldn't do any good. It was crash damaged, would be better off ordering a whole gimbal assembly for $387 and keeping the old one for spare parts.

Good choice Brifaulkner! I hate to see anyone else ripped off and that is exactly what would happen should you send yours in. However, you might lucky and get a new one! Can you also believe that after sending me the replacement drone with missing parts and calling that night to them, they said they would MAIL only, me the 4 springs! Well, that was Thursday February 9th and I have not seen the springs, they promised to mail!!!!! Like I said, they lie when it is easier to tell the truth. It is hard to believe that a supposedly large company would stay in business with that kind of customer service, but being from a Communist country, who knows what their Net Worth looks like??? I hate anything made in China! Phantoms too but that's where they are made and I have some $1,088 plus $239.00 repair bill invested in them. Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

I talked with the guy at ATKdrones yesterday and he says they believe they have figured out a fix for the yaw motor erratic behavior as it might not be the motor at all, but rather the circuitry. I guess they are going to try to replace one of the circuit cards and see if that is a good fix, otherwise a replacement will be the only option. I have one on back order from DroneNerds.com, should be here next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen