P4 Gimbal vs Feiyu Tech 3 axis why so different

Reaction score
i just started to fly drones, I am a paramotor pilot . I wanted to have stable footage of my flights and bought a Feiyu tech 3 axis gimbal for my go pro black . I wear it chest mounted to reduce any swaying and still with very little wind under 5mph my gimbal doesn't give me the stable footage I thought it would . For those who don't know what a paramotor is its a motorized paraglider where I actually put myself in the air . Any how when I fly my dji phantom 4 in 12 mph winds the image is completely stable . The P4 Is and amazing machine and the video quality blows away my Sony pj 650 hand held camcorder and go pro black . I mean the p4 shoots video like its standing still and even more stable than some one holding a camera in their hands at 1000 ft .

My question is this how can I get super stable video like my p4 or close to it with a chest mounted camera. The Sony pj650 has a thing called steady shot, which is the lens has like a mini gimbal , but very limited and when I make my turns the horizon is not flat . I would like that . The Feiyu tech makes my turns flat but I get a lot of porpoise action up and down which ruines the shot . I was thinking to take the props of my drone and strap the done on to me for a flight and see how that would work out . Thanks

Check out the DJI Osmo, or a similar device announced by GoPro as part of the Karma system (don't know if the stabilizer gimbal unit is/will be available separately).

Looks like chest mount might be problematic with either, but I'm sure you could rig something that would work.

Reactions: Skyguy66
I haven't tried it myself, but the Osmo does have a chest mount too. See more details here.

medium_Osmo_-_Chest_Strap_Mount_4.JPG

Reactions: Skyguy66

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20