P4 Gimbal Problem

Reaction score
During a flight yesterday, my P4 seemingly had a gimbal issue. I was flying in sport mode around 300 feet in the air, and suddenly my camera tilted almost 90 degrees to the right as if the quad was falling from the sky. I was flying my phantom straight forward at the time. It was pretty windy. A warning that read "gimbal roll reached movement limit" popped up on my screen repeatedly. I confirmed this by looking at the flight logs. This took place twice during my flight.

I have not had any crashes/hard landings. Other than this issue, my P4 has performed flawlessly. Also, because I've been flying from the beach, I have been hand launching/catching if that helps. I use the Go app. Done some research and searched the forum, but I haven't found anything. Not sure what could have caused this. Is this even a gimbal issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

My understanding of the problem: Gimbal tries to maintain its stable position by using its motors but in case the wind pressure is heavy on it which crosses motor capacity to hold, gimbal moves to its extreme position and that will be senses and flagged as Gimbal reached its limit.

Its expected scenario and does not point out to a problem. The best way to circumvent that issue could be to yaw a bit and lower the altitudes.

If you notice such issues in low winds condition, then its an issue to be looked into for details.

I had the same issue today... I was flying up to 30 meters high and and suddenly the gimbal tied to the right and I felt that my P4 was tilted but it didn't.
Immediately I landed it and turned off. After they the gimbal was ok.

This flight was after updating with the las firmware yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had the same issue today... I was flying up to 30 meters high and and suddenly the gimbal tied to the right and I felt that my P4 was tilted but it didn't.
Immediately I landed it and turned off. After they the gimbal was ok.

This flight was after updating with the las firmware yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Had the same issue and I found similar threads relating to the same problem. The gimbal went limp in zero wind at 20 mtrs up. I landed, checked both the controller and gimbal calibration which were fine but cycled the battery as per another suggestion on the forum and no problems since.

No wind at the flight moment.

I 'm trying to attach some pictures.
684f28bb18d576f5a3c644e57e6d896d.jpg
1162b6ec28285b27f8af4f12048516d8.jpg
d1d73aaadc54dc8f37c138aca183f4e3.jpg
61ee64c72e1f3b1068aadef2f54b3032.jpg
e613b902e27e94c5b4b138b846b49b27.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

And in the DJI GO no message was showed... everything looked well, but in the screen didn't because the image was titled to the right.... was a scaring moment.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Gimbal problem during stedy flight at p mode on good weather.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic