P4 FPV Recomendatiom

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just sold my P2 vision + along with my moverio bt200's. I'm getting ready to order a P4 and I want to get as immersive a flight experience as possible. I'm hoping you guys can tell me what to get I have an iPhone 6+ and a iPad mini 2nd gen. I would like to keep it as simple as possible. But I am looking for something that will give me as much detail as possible on screen. I fly mostly over the ocean filming whales and dolphins. And I need to be able to see their outlines when just under the surface, something the Bt200 and the P2 couldn't do. I was looking at the Headplay HD FPV goggles http://www.amazon.com/Headplay-gogg...es-20&linkId=9544fec0b2946297c8dd2ba9569a9866 and the Fatshark Dominator V3
http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Shark-Dom...s-20&linkId=997934bd78a23b7048f941d904c38cae but I'm open to a more informed opinion thx!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

From what I have read on both the Headplay & the Fatshark for your needs I would say the Headplay would suit your needs better. The Fatshark from what I hace read is like looking at a tv screen at a distance, whereas the Headplay is like having the view in-your-face. The Headplay are supposed to be very sharp picture wise. The only thing I don't care for is the size of them. The Fatshark has me hesitating due to the the view at a distance type setup and the lenses are sensitive to sunlight from what I have read.

Alt

Thanks that's what I was thinking as well. The only other question I was hoping could get cleared up is this. How do you operate the on screen functions of the P4 ie recording video switching to photo or any of the tracking features ? Does the touch pad on the iPhone still function ?

I haven't used the Headplay goggles but I'm pretty sure its just a screen for viewing. You would still use the RC and phone for control and settings. Go to their website and look at the picture at bottom showing someone using it(Home).

Its pretty neat just using a phone with Litchi or similar FPV app with a VR box(under $30). If you haven't tried it, its a much cheaper way to try out FPV goggles before you invest the bigger money.

Thx that's what I thought I have used the moverio bt200 but didn't get the feel I was hoping for felt like looking a tv screen from a distance

I don't think that is the same thing. What the VR box does is hold your phone so that you are looking at your phone screen. Litchi splits the screen for each eye and you get a 3D effect. I was surprised by how good this is.

There are a few different apps you can use other than Litchi, I already had Litchi so I used it. There is an app called Dream Flights that gives you total control of the drone using head movements. Litchi will let you control the camera (up and down) by moving your head but you control the drone with the RC. I tried the demo app for Dream Flights but it didn't seem like a product I would trust to fly my Phantom.

Hey everyone I just sold my P2 vision + along with my moverio bt200's. I'm getting ready to order a P4 and I want to get as immersive a flight experience as possible. I'm hoping you guys can tell me what to get I have an iPhone 6+ and a iPad mini 2nd gen. I would like to keep it as simple as possible. But I am looking for something that will give me as much detail as possible on screen. I fly mostly over the ocean filming whales and dolphins. And I need to be able to see their outlines when just under the surface, something the Bt200 and the P2 couldn't do. I was looking at the Headplay HD FPV goggles http://www.amazon.com/Headplay-gogg...es-20&linkId=9544fec0b2946297c8dd2ba9569a9866 and the Fatshark Dominator V3
http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Shark-Dominator-FPV-Goggles/dp/B0165SY9V6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1457991466&sr=1-1&keywords=fatshark+dominator+v3&linkCode=sl1&tag=dronefpvgoggles-20&linkId=997934bd78a23b7048f941d904c38cae but I'm open to a more informed opinion thx!

Wait for the good HDMi goggles, available one are not up to the mark. I have tried many but waiting for a good one that gives me real immersive feeling.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj