P4 for mapping or P3P?

You don't feel collision avoidance is a worth while feature? o_O

Absolutely a great feature for a scenario where you want to fly close to a subject but can't be underneath to judge distance accurately. I could have used this when I was taking pics of an old Air Raid Siren.

To tell you the truth if I was going to survey I would strap my Garmin 64st handheld gps or like unit to my inspire 1 because it is bigger and could easily handle the weight of the Garmin. Then you could fly it anywhere and download the track to their map source which already has most of the information you need and match up the aerial video you take.
In fact thanks for the idea I may have to try it myself. The Handheld gps will give you a lot more information that can be down loaded easily on a satellite view map like google earth.

If your using the P3 for survey mapping the Garmin is not accurate enough. Pix4D software will stitch the photos together, the survey grade accuracy will come from ground targets.

I believe if you guys look at the "deploy app" it will help with battery shortage. I am really Impress with it. I will try it tomorrow. You can plot from any ht and after plotting what you want it will tell you how long it will take. Five acres and 300 pic at about 150 ft high will take about four minutes. Upload results to deploy.com and they will put into one pic.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

For out mapping missions we fly both P4s and P3s but found that the P4 consistently had a longer life - landed with more battery left. In worse conditions (wind) the P4 did relatively better, so much that we had to tone down the missions so that the P3s could be guaranteed to complete.

And that is with the original P4 batteries not the new bigger ones. So it comes down to what you value more, your time (get the P4, maybe with the new batteries) or your money (buy P3As and put up with more missions to cover the same area or P3Ps if you require 4k).

Now that the Phantom 4 Pro is available I think that is the best choice with it's 20Mp camera.
I am waiting to see the first results but i think it is promising.

Now that the Phantom 4 Pro is available I think that is the best choice with it's 20Mp camera.
I am waiting to see the first results but i think it is promising.

Yeah it should be as slightly longer battery life, flies slightly faster (re wind), better camera especially if getting rolling shutter issues as mechanical now if flying low. Can't see how it would be worse...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31