P4 flying in the snowy rock climbing bluffs

Reaction score
d85130df8355510e633bab2a6cf11220.jpg

Here is a short video from over the Christmas holidays. The weather was fairly cold so I used a hot water bottle in my bag to keep the batteries warm. There are also a few shots from my osmo+ which I'm still not overly thrilled with so far

Give me feed back. What do you think
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
That is so amazing! We have a cabin in the Sierras near Bear Valley, CA, and this has given me some great ideas. I wish I had more experience to comment on the particulars of your framing, editing, etc. All I can say is you did a great job, the transitions are attractive, use of slow-mo seemed well-placed.

The location is breathtaking.

Oh, and that one shot rising over the mountain peak with the sun appearing over the top -- that was really sweet. Was that planned?

I got my P4 for Christmas, and so far am focused on learning to fly it well, operate the camera, and understand are use all the features smoothly. I haven't actually shot anything and composed a short video yet.

I am so excited about that next step. Everything I've seen posted by my fellow pilots here is amazing, I'm 54 (55 next month) and feel like I did when I was 12 and got my first 10-speed bike.

Unfortunately lots of rain is forecast for the next 10 days here in the Santa Cruz, CA, USA area. I have a target in mind for my first production, which will be posted here: Some awesome shot of the Sunny Cove Beach area where there are spectacular wavebreaks on the cliffs around the cove.

Can't wait to share with you all, and my extended family. This is all just so cool!!!!!!

Last edited:
That is so amazing! We have a cabin in the Sierras near Bear Valley, CA, and this has given me some great ideas. I wish I had more experience to comment on the particulars of your framing, editing, etc. All I can say is you did a great job, the transitions are attractive, use of slow-mo seemed well-placed.

The location is breathtaking.

Oh, and that one shot rising over the mountain peak with the sun appearing over the top -- that was really sweet. Was that planned?

Can't wait to share with you all, and my extended family. This is all just so cool!!!!!!

Hey thanks for the kind words. It really is a great place to fly. It's a very popular climbing location in the summer but looks really awesome when covered in snow.

Ya the reveal shot as I lifted above "the fortress" to reveal the shot was planned but just as I was flying around I thought, That might look cool so I gave it a whirl.

Keeps flying and practicing your skills and it will all come together nicely.

d85130df8355510e633bab2a6cf11220.jpg

Here is a short video from over the Christmas holidays. The weather was fairly cold so I used a hot water bottle in my bag to keep the batteries warm. There are also a few shots from my osmo+ which I'm still not overly thrilled with so far

Give me feed back. What do you think
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

AWESOME

Reactions: Hammer
Really liked your video. Thought the transitions between aerial and walking video was done well. And the shots of the dog really makes your video hit that personal cord.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Haha thanks. Alfie always hits a personal cord. I just bought an osmo plus and trying to get it dialed in. I'm getting there but needs more practice. You'd think DJI would have the osmo dialed in by now but it has some really weird tendencies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.