P4 flying 1 mph slower than set mission speed-Litchi

Reaction score
Just got my phantom 4 back from DJI. Ran my first mission today. A mission that I have flown before. I noticed that, according to Litchi software, it was flying roughly 1 mile an hour below the set mission speed. I've not flown this mission in a few months. I know both the GO and Litchi apps have undergone multiple updates since. Anybody else experience this sort of thing? The mission in the past ran 8:13, now it runs 8:50 with virtually no wind. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
There have been a number of threads regarding the accuracy of the height readings with respect to take off point and I have seen some wild numbers on both the dji and litchi apps in my own case. There are no calibration issues with my P4 as I can fly in the same spot the next day and have readings that are more realistic, I'm almost leaning towards atmospheric/weather conditions playing a role in some of the deviations. As for the speed variation during a litchi mission, I look at my hobby drone and consider myself lucky that it can do what it does, as it's not a military grade, surgical precision piece of kit.

Reactions: jogforfitness
The drone I sent in for repair flew in sync with the programmed mission speed. The one sent back from dji out of the gate does not. While I appreciate what it can do I'm still a bit disappointed the refurbished (like new) drone sent back appears not to be as stellar as my original.

Have you calibrated the compass and IMU? Might be a slight discrepancy, although I would be thinking that it would be more a GPS count tracking the position and speed back to the controller/ app.

Have you calibrated the compass and IMU? Might be a slight discrepancy, although I would be thinking that it would be more a GPS count tracking the position and speed back to the controller/ app.

Compass yes. IMU no. I'll try calibrating the IMU and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your ideas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl