P4 Firmware and DJI Go - what's current and stable?

Reaction score
I am sure this question is a duplicate, so my apologies for asking ... I've been reading through forum posts for quite a while, and I cannot see anything that looks like a consensus opinion on firmware and apps. There are just so many threads, and it doesn't appear that I can narrow down my search using my specific set-up...

For a Phantom 4 (not Pro) which firmware version is considered stable? For the iPad, which app is the better one to use - DJI Go or DJI Go 4?

Thanks!

I'm using DJI GO 4 along with the latest P4 firmware.

Reactions: Bckmstr
I'm using DJI GO 4 along with the latest P4 firmware.

Thanks.... any idea of version numbers? I haven't connected with DJI Assistant since I retrieved the .dat file from my son's ill-fated Christmas Day flight, but I did see that it appeared to be a couple versions of firmware behind. Is there a reference that lists the release dates of the various versions of firmware? Just curious how frequently they roll out new updates.

The current firmware version is 1.2.602.

FYI, you can find the current firmware version and changes in the firmware release notes on the P4 downloads page.

Reactions: MedicFL1
See the "Phantom 4 Release Notes" and "Phantom 4 Remote Controller Release Notes".

See the "Phantom 4 Release Notes" and "Phantom 4 Remote Controller Release Notes".

Thanks... sorry I'm just a bit overloaded with information. This forum plus the DJI forum cover such a wide range of equipment and software that it's hard to sift through the info to find what I'm looking for. What, in your opinion, makes the GO 4 app better for the P4 than the GO app?

What, in your opinion, makes the GO 4 app better for the P4 than the GO app?
At the moment, nothing. Going forward, DJI might make improvements/changes for the P4 that aren't made available in DJI GO.

GO APP4, I understand that the older version may not be supported in the future. No issues with the newer version on iOS for me.

I know exactly where your coming from, its difficult to separate the grain from the chaff. This is exactly why I am trying to start up a club here in the uk, check out the link ukphantomclub.webs.com, and send a message from there f your interested.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks... sorry I'm just a bit overloaded with information. This forum plus the DJI forum cover such a wide range of equipment and software that it's hard to sift through the info to find what I'm looking for. What, in your opinion, makes the GO 4 app better for the P4 than the GO app?
New GO 4 app update today.
See they added a fix for Facebook live feed etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan