P4 - Favorite App(s) Updated for P4?

Reaction score
DJI just released their P4 SDK kit a couple days ago, so we'll be seeing a bunch of new P4 Apps in the coming hours, days and weeks. What is your favorite app for the P4, or what app for the P3 are you dying to see release a P4 update? Please include OS on your replies.

LITCHI just released their iOS Beta supporting the P4. I loaded it up and sure enough it connected just fine. I did not go out and fly, because I'm still confused about how you put the P4 controller into F mode. If anybody else out there has any ideas on this please share of them here!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is no F-mode switch on the P4. From within the Go app you enter F-mode by tapping an icon on the screen which gives access to the new TapFly, ActiveTrack, & Intelligent/Smart features (formerly IOC) from the P3.

LITCHI just released their iOS Beta supporting the P4. I loaded it up and sure enough it connected just fine. I did not go out and fly, because I'm still confused about how you put the P4 controller into F mode. If anybody else out there has any ideas on this please share of them here!

There is no F-mode switch on the P4. From within the Go app you enter F-mode by tapping an icon on the screen which gives access to the new TapFly, ActiveTrack, & Intelligent/Smart features (formerly IOC) from the P3.
Thanks for the input DirtyB......I saw those new features in the GO App. I'm going to fire up the P4, tap that Icon on the screen, then exit the Go App, then load LITCHI into the iPad and then see if a mission uploads to the P4. Does this sound like the correct procedure to you?

Perhaps the P4 doesn't have to be put into F mode it is just there all the time? Would be a real pain to have to run the Go app, go into the mode, then run Litchi, etc.. Only question is what do you do to gain back immediate control on a P4 without the F-mode switch? Perhaps the pause button or move the mode switch to any other position? Haven't the Litchi docs been updated to reflect usage with the P4?

Thanks for the input DirtyB......I saw those new features in the GO App. I'm going to fire up the P4, tap that Icon on the screen, then exit the Go App, then load LITCHI into the iPad and then see if a mission uploads to the P4. Does this sound like the correct procedure to you?

Perhaps the P4 doesn't have to be put into F mode it is just there all the time? Would be a real pain to have to run the Go app, go into the mode, then run Litchi, etc.. Only question is what do you do to gain back immediate control on a P4 without the F-mode switch? Perhaps the pause button or move the mode switch to any other position? Haven't the Litchi docs been updated to reflect usage with the P4?
Moving the switch to another position will give you back control, preferably to Sport mode (mid pos), as ATTI can be dangerous.

There is no clarification in the LITCHI docs, but I am going to "just fly it" and see if I can sort it out....probably give it a go this evening. I will also ping the LITCHI guy who hangs out on these forums from time to time.

LITCHI Beta and the P4-

I flew the P4 with a Litchi waypoint mission of 8:03 of flight time with cruise set to 30MPH flying at sea level. All I did was turn off collision avoidance, and tapped the intelligent flight mode button on the DJI GO app after the P4 was warmed up/idling. I then quickly closed the GO App and launched Litchi and hit the play button to load the mission...away she went without a hitch. When my P4 returned, I flipped to sport mode and took control for an easy hand catch.

Battery Life-P4
There was very little if any hover time except for a brief moment to allow for a hand catch.....all just flat out cruising at 30 mph as programmed into the mission. Returned with 62% left in the tank at 8:03 minutes. At this point, there does not appear to be any advantage in flight time over my P3.....maybe this will improve after a few cycles on the battery. That extra 5 minutes "as advertised" would really be nice. Video is excellent....but need to tweak some gain settings.

Battery Life P4 vs P3
After flying the P4 Litchi Mission for 8:03 minutes returning with 62%, I flew my P3A from the identical takeoff point using the identical Litchi waypoint mission I used for the P4 flight. Flight took 7:55 to complete and battery for the returned P3A was at 64% vs 62% for the P4. DJI's numbers are not adding up for me so far....perhaps this will improve, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Bird
LITCHI Beta and the P4-

I flew the P4 with a Litchi waypoint mission of 8:03 of flight time with cruise set to 30MPH flying at sea level. All I did was turn off collision avoidance, and tapped the intelligent flight mode button on the DJI GO app after the P4 was warmed up/idling. I then quickly closed the GO App and launched Litchi and hit the play button to load the mission...away she went without a hitch. When my P4 returned, I flipped to sport mode and took control for an easy hand catch.

Battery Life
There was very little if any hover time except for a brief moment to allow for a hand catch.....all just flat out cruising at 30 mph as programmed into the mission. Returned with 62% left in the tank at 8:03 minutes. At this point, there does not appear to be any advantage in flight time over my P3.....maybe this will improve after a few cycles on the battery. That extra 5 minutes "as advertised" would really be nice. Video is excellent....but need to tweak some gain settings.

This evening
Is your beta sent out through Test Flight? Didn't get it this time.
Yes....was sent out with TestFlight...downloaded from App Store.

Last edited:
Here is my first test of FPV Camera - Mission Planner. Flew like a champ!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great flight. Just got mine and I can't get the joy sticks to connect to my drone. The hover mode got the motors going but then went to full throttle and we couldn't stop it or turn it off....Will engage with another tech from dgi tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Great flight. Just got mine and I can't get the joy sticks to connect to my drone. The hover mode got the motors going but then went to full throttle and we couldn't stop it or turn it off....Will engage with another tech from dgi tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Wait what? It just took off straight up never to be seen again? If so, you really need to start your own thread...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers