P4 extra batteries

Reaction score
Just received my extra 2 batteries, wondering if they just charge and go, or...

Do the P4 batteries need any kind of firmware upgrade when first used? If so will the P4 tell me it's needed?

DJI GO will prompt you if there is newer firmware to install on them.

Reactions: Stevie_UK
If your firmware is up to date on the AC the batteries will be updated automatically when you install them.

If your firmware is up to date on the AC the batteries will be updated automatically when you install them.
Guessing the batteries were already on latest version then as they went into the aircraft, no delay, no upgrading messages, so all good I think!

On another note however, I notice what looks like a slight swelling on the inside of my original battery, not even two weeks old, though I inspected things pretty good (and admired for ages before even flying lol) I'm not sure if the battery had that slight swell to it when new, or since charging a few times. I guess the best advice would be go back to POS (bought it local at reputable DJI supplier/repair centre) and ask them - pain as they only open when I'm at work, and it seems these batteries are hard to get hold of at the min! ! I should really get a pic of the battery, it's only slight, not sure how it will show up on photo but... don't wanna take any chances!

That said, it was nice to go out yesterday evening and enjoy having 3 batteries :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers