P4 Drop Mechanism Build Thread

My P3A can do almost 5lbs. Maybe start at 3lbs and work your way up.

My P3A can do almost 5lbs. Maybe start at 3lbs and work your way up.

Not the total weight to carry, I know P4 struggle with total weight of 600 grams
Im trying to figure the total weight of the payload holder that is acceptable since the P4 is already struggle at 600 grams when carrying something.

My current design with component is around 150grams estimate

You know they make them for the P3? I mean, I'm just trying to help no be an a$$. I couldn't figure out how they do the "drop" part because they say it is controlled by the remote, maybe by tilting camera down?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, what because they have same motors but the P4 weighs more? What about the extra push the sport mode gives? I mean, the power to weight must be greater in the P4 then the P3 because the P4 will smoke a p3

So, what because they have same motors but the P4 weighs more? What about the extra push the sport mode gives? I mean, the power to weight must be greater in the P4 then the P3 because the P4 will smoke a p3

Hey I agree with you that the P4 motor should be more powerful, I seen a video in youtube P3 lifting 2 lbs without any problem, But I did this test on my P4 in the field by hooking 500grams bottle and let it hover

Regular flight time with my battery without payload I get 23 minutes
With 500 gram payload and Hover at one place gives me 11 Minutes 38 seconds landed at 10% battery

About dropping and controlling by the remote I seen in youtube some attach additional receiver and Separate tx, And as you said by tilting down the came does the trick

If you look in my WIP box I'm not using extra receivers
20160510_102528.jpg

I have a Slot for 2x Circuit Board, Place for battery, Servo & a tiny sensor that goes all the way to front LED and stick it there with a tape

You trigger the mechanism using DJI go app by turning on the front LED light, easy way in DJI go app assign the C1/C2 switch to turn LED on/off

btw I redesigned the final version of the Payload holder and its much smaller than the one in the PIC

Reactions: Sim597
That Celsius I take it, hmm, I use a temp gun as u prolly do, my motors get to about 90*-100* Fahrenheit not sure, I guess that's 48-49 and noticed the battery compartment at 130* I thought?
So, have you done the homework on the P4 power? I'm really wanting to put an extra Sunhans amp inside for the video downlink. Not sure how familiar you are but think they only weigh 45grams, so that shouldn't matter too much, right? It's the power draw, 2amps at 5v I'm wondering if that will suck a lot of power?
Is that 23 mintutes at 10% batt? I can't get that and leave 10% So, then u could possibly get 13minutes, meaning every 100grams cuts off 2 minutes about, or close to it, so 50 grams shoukdnt be but a minute power wise, your not pulling power except for a short short time. Nice little setup, I can think of one really cool reason to have that setup, just won't say it lol.

Well, they say the new style of prop connection is why they can even do sport mode, so same motors, just more out of them? I'd hope they made them better but I'm sure they're all the same. Did you see they offer them now, and I think it was for just one, $99! That's crazy, you can get 4 good ones for less, or top shelf crazy *** good for $75-$100

That Celsius I take it, hmm, I use a temp gun as u prolly do, my motors get to about 90*-100* Fahrenheit not sure, I guess that's 48-49 and noticed the battery compartment at 130* I thought?
So, have you done the homework on the P4 power? I'm really wanting to put an extra Sunhans amp inside for the video downlink. Not sure how familiar you are but think they only weigh 45grams, so that shouldn't matter too much, right? It's the power draw, 2amps at 5v I'm wondering if that will suck a lot of power?
Is that 23 mintutes at 10% batt? I can't get that and leave 10% So, then u could possibly get 13minutes, meaning every 100grams cuts off 2 minutes about, or close to it, so 50 grams shoukdnt be but a minute power wise, your not pulling power except for a short short time. Nice little setup, I can think of one really cool reason to have that setup, just won't say it lol.

You can mod the radio for better range and video link, It's all depends how further you want to take it, You should check Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

I get 23 Minutes and land around 9% battery, If I do sports mode and max the RPM in combination of P mode I normally get around 21-22 Minutes and land around 10%

I know but don't say it lol, At least for me I'm thinking for baitcasting and drop my son Parachute toy in a open field

Hey I agree with you that the P4 motor should be more powerful, I seen a video in youtube P3 lifting 2 lbs without any problem, But I did this test on my P4 in the field by hooking 500grams bottle and let it hover

Regular flight time with my battery without payload I get 23 minutes
With 500 gram payload and Hover at one place gives me 11 Minutes 38 seconds landed at 10% battery

About dropping and controlling by the remote I seen in youtube some attach additional receiver and Separate tx, And as you said by tilting down the came does the trick

If you look in my WIP box I'm not using extra receivers
View attachment 55246

I have a Slot for 2x Circuit Board, Place for battery, Servo & a tiny sensor that goes all the way to front LED and stick it there with a tape

You trigger the mechanism using DJI go app by turning on the front LED light, easy way in DJI go app assign the C1/C2 switch to turn LED on/off

btw I redesigned the final version of the Payload holder and its much smaller than the one in the PIC
hi, any chance i could get some diagrams/ parts to make one for my self to activate a horn? thankyou

It's a siren from a motorcycle alarm system, very loud and light weight. I use them to shift sheep. The p4 with light bridge ,easy transport good and flight time beats my other drones hands down. I just need to active to horn via a large diode as you have done!. Cheers.

It's a siren from a motorcycle alarm system, very loud and light weight. I use them to shift sheep. The p4 with light bridge ,easy transport good and flight time beats my other drones hands down. I just need to active to horn via a large diode as you have done!. Cheers.

That looks cool
What Voltage it operates at ? How do you plan to fit on the Phantom?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair