P4 Drone World Carbon Props

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with the P4 Drone World Carbon Props. Balancing or any other issues. I don't necessarily need the carbon fiber, I am just REALLY nervous about the plastic locks and springs on the P4 motors. I can see after a couple dozen flights how they might fail after an unknown amount of flight time and would like to switch to a more robust thread on type.

Thanks

I'm totally with you but still I don't want to use third party props. In case of doubt, just replace them with new set of DJI props, that's what I suggest as it is not just mechanical construction, we got to take care of load, thrust and speed characteristics too. I do not know how much they matter to us but these are the big unknowns to us and not worth taking risk by picking up third party props just because they appear to be mechanically better in design.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Cowboy1 and DrillRX
I have over 2,500,000 feet on the original OEM props and the clips hardly show any wear, I lift the springs up back to original height about every 15 flights. I plan to change my clips and springs once a year or if needed, which ever comes first.

Reactions: DrillRX
Although instincts might lead you to believe the Prop Mounts are a point of failure, we are seeing that the mounting system is actually very reliable.

A lot more reliable than the average operator....

Reactions: JWH and DrillRX
Here are the issues with carbon fiber props.

1. They cost more
2. Very little performance advantage
3. They make cleaner and deeper cuts in flesh if you make a mistake.
4. Voids warranty if you have a problem.
5. Makes you more liable if you injure someone else, by using non DJI props.

Reactions: JWH
I've had my P4 since last March. The stock props have 208 Flights totaling 42 hrs 24 minutes in the air. No issues here at all with the props or the mounts.

On carbon fiber props.. I've done a little bit of reading on some of the third party stuff, but have never found anything that proves they make any significant difference. I see them as a way of customizing the drone. Personalizing it. Kind of like painting the shell, adding stripes etc. It's not my cup of tea, but there's nothing really wrong with that.

Reactions: DrillRX
I have over 2,500,000 feet on the original OEM props and the clips hardly show any wear, I lift the springs up back to original height about every 15 flights. I plan to change my clips and springs once a year or if needed, which ever comes first.
2 of my props have little chips on the forward edge tip. I have never crashed or hit anything.........bugs?

2 of my props have little chips on the forward edge tip. I have never crashed or hit anything.........bugs?
Could be, or maybe upon take off or landing some debris may have lifted off the ground in the prop wash. I have hit some bugs in the past and they only made splats that where not too hard to wash off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers