P4 DOA batteries & B&H

Reaction score
I just ordered a few more P4 batteries from B&H after having excellent experiences with them for years. I've ordered my last 3 DJI quads through them, my Typhoon H, and a bunch of camera equipment for much longer.

Two of the P4 batteries were DOA - no lights no matter what I've done. Tried putting them on a charger, reading for reset tips, etc.

After contacting B&H, they said they won't take them back and that I have to work with a 3rd party company that services DJI parts. I was given a phone number and email address to contact, and no further help. I wasn't pleased with having spent almost $400 and to be told I couldn't return them.

Gradus Group, the new company, didn't respond for 3 days, and even then simply sent me an RMA number and UPS ground shipping label. I asked for details on turnaround time, and whether I would be sent new batteries or refurbished ones. No response to those questions.

Has anyone else experienced this? This seems to be a really bad way to sell factory-fresh DJI accessories.

You won't run into this issue if you buy your extra batteries from Amazon. There are probably other authorized DJI dealers who will accept returns too. Some (like you found) will refer you to DJI for help.

Surprised, sort of, that B&H doesn't take it back, but I've also noticed they are not a secondary supplier with Amazon either where their competitor Adorama is - or at least in my camera gear order stuff when I use Amazon and the Adorama box shows up. Maybe some reason why Amazon does not use them.

Local hobby shop has a red stamp at the register where the owner pounds your receipt with: "Once you pay for it, you own it. If it doesn't work, take it up with the manufacturer." Sweet eh?​

I take the DJI stuff back to Best Buy and exchange it within their 15 day policy after I scrutinize it. Took two P4's back to them for issues. No hassles, no mailing, RMAs, waiting, or anything. I just walk out with a new one in about 5 minutes.

That seems really odd... I ordered a P3 and extra battery from them a couple months ago (The P3 was from their used department and the battery was brand new). The P3 stopped flying after a couple flights and I was able to return everything to B&H, even the battery that I had used. I would try speaking to someone there. Then again, I've bought thousands worth of gear from them in the past so maybe that helped my return...?

*And I should note that I no longer had the original packaging for the battery and when I asked if that was okay to still return, they said yes

Wow.. I've ordered two P2V+'s, 4 extra batteries, extra props, case, motor, etc from B&H in the past. Never had an issue so never ran into this situation. Thanks for the heads up. I'll avoid ordering from them in the future based on your experience and their return policy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1