P4 distance issue resolved!

Reaction score
I got and installed the MAXXUAV DBS kit with pass through adapters! It's awesome!

Thanks Jake at MAXXUAV.com

He's the best at selling DBS's stuff!

24d42d8ce3a48290f8213f116ee6d86b.jpg
8bc8da6e7adb4a3f888184b46824399a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Suntana
Fantastic!

If I go that route, I think I'll wait for the Drone World extender which has a great rep. I am sure yours does too and works as good or better but I just know enough people at DW and have seen that thing in action enough times to decide if I ever feel the need to go 5 miles away for some reason, I'll get it. As it stands, I cant fly 40 feet without being in an NFZ.

Phantom 3 Long Range Extender System Upgrade

Fantastic!

If I go that route, I think I'll wait for the Drone World extender which has a great rep. I am sure yours does too and works as good or better but I just know enough people at DW and have seen that thing in action enough times to decide if I ever feel the need to go 5 miles away for some reason, I'll get it. As it stands, I cant fly 40 feet without being in an NFZ.

Phantom 3 Long Range Extender System Upgrade

I hate to tell you this, but that antenna is a DBS Mods antenna. Same as the one sold by DBS himself and MAXXUAV!

They work, no one says different! I don't fly four miles either... I just like have a rock solid signal.

I hate to tell you this, but that antenna is a DBS Mods antenna. Same as the one sold by DBS himself and MAXXUAV!

They work, no one says different! I don't fly four miles either... I just like have a rock solid signal.

Why do you hate to tell me? I appreciate you telling me. I enjoy learning things.

Anyhow, most of these things are manufactured by the same people. Especially in the "Toy Drones", I walk through Fry's and I say about 8 of the same things packaged differently.

So which one is more sold, the one you have or DroneWorld one? He has a nice 14 day guarantee. I looked at it. I think I want an extender, I've never had one before, and never felt I needed one but I am the kind of guy that wants everything. It's annoying.

I think before more bats (I have 3 so far, need one more), I will probably get the HDMI port for it and then maybe an extender. Actually probably a back pack before the next bat. The problem with this case is its good enough to use but not good enough.

Reactions: Tobrouk
I haven't tested it really... But I can tell a difference just here at the house. It was flickering at altitude and I live in a heavy wifi area

fd6da596e5deeda1bd24af8056ac1f90.jpg

I got 4 miles out ....8 miles return total with the Dbs mod....
Full signal ...5hd bars... Never lost video .... Could have gone further.... Batt became the issue

Dbs mods are the best!!!

Reactions: Squirrel!
What was your battery percentage when you landed? I use the same antenna with good results on my P3A....have not tried it on my P4 yet....but use a windsurfer out to. 2+ miles.. I have heard from another poster I can bind my P3A Itelite equipped R/C to my P4 but have not tried that.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I wouldn't buy one at Fry's... But that is just me. DBS and MAXXUAV is a proven system that works. You do know that you can't just plug it in? You have to clip the antenna wires (stock) out of your Controller, and replace the wires inside?

I wouldn't buy one at Fry's... But that is just me. DBS and MAXXUAV is a proven system that works. You do know that you can't just plug it in? You have to clip the antenna wires (stock) out of your Controller, and replace the wires inside?

You are so wrong!

I got and installed the MAXXUAV DBS kit with pass through adapters! It's awesome!

Thanks Jake at MAXXUAV.com

He's the best at selling DBS's stuff!

So, I can see that you can disconnect for storage, right? how easy is that process?
Your P4, controler and case looks awesome :)

ok what is going to happen if DJI says that the tx were under powered and they will be replaced with ones that have the full power on them.
and will be replaced under warenty?
you have just voided it with the mod that you just did.

Reactions: John Locke
ok what is going to happen if DJI says that the tx were under powered and they will be replaced with ones that have the full power on them.
I think somebody bound a P3 tx and got exact same results, so my point is I don't think that "underpower" issue will be ever addressed. It seems it was not a mistake, so I dont see a recall in the future, but that's mho

Another way would be getting a P3 tx in ebay and modifying that, keep P4 stock

Can you send pics on how it connects to the controller

Ha ! You must be joking DJI admit to doing something wrong and giving a free Tx to replace bad ones. That's the funniest thing I have heard in a wile. Good luck with that. It will never happen.

So, I can see that you can disconnect for storage, right? how easy is that process?
Your P4, controler and case looks awesome :)

It's easy, remove two wires and unclip the antenna.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers