P4 damaged ... what shall I do ?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I experienced my first P4 crash today and have found some damages on my bird
1c3d731b264aae09e8a06eedf68025a5.jpg
81e587cebbb6b94bbfd4cc2331307dc8.jpg

Does anyone know how to repair ?

Shall I repair before any further flight ?

Thanks for your answers.

Olivier

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The only damage I see is the missing cover on the landing gear. Am I missing anything else?

DJI does not sell those landing gear covers separately. They come packed with the landing gear. You can buy a new set here on Amazon.

FYI, you should remove the gray foam block above your camera before flying.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yes, only damage is this cover missing.
I for sure remove the gray foam block to free the gimbal.

Do you advise to keep on flying or repair first by buying a landing gear set just for this missing cover ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You're not going to hurt anything by flying it without that cover attached. To keep it free of any potential debris, you could wrap a piece of tape around the leg to cover the hole until you're able to get a new cover.

I got the same problem I lost the cover after i crashed what I did was just cut a piece of plastic and taped it with neon tape i did the same on other 3 sides to make it balance.

By the way I took the plastic piece from a water bottle

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

By the way i ask one of our local supplier for the parts but they don't sell the cover it has to be full landing gear which cost 100$

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I noticed after flying my P4 just a handful of times (no issues) that the same piece was dislodged. I put a clear piece of tape on all of them as I've seen a lot of posts where these are coming loose and falling off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik