P4 connected (Ready to Go), but without camera image!

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a Phantom 4 connected to a Samsung Tablet Note 10.1 (N8000) and connected to a Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505), both using CM13 firmware (Android 6).

When connected to the I9505, all works fine. If I connect to N8000 tablet, the connection status is "Ready to Go", but no camera image.

Screenshot_20170103_094413.png

Did you guys have any idea what could be the problem?

Hi, I had the very same problem with a galaxy tab 3. There was just no picture feed. I have since looked at what is compatible on the dji website. I purchased a ipad mini which works perfectly fine. I am guessing that your mobile device is not compatible.

If it has a option in pull down/ When USB is plugged in, try changing those options. Also in Developer options:debugging.

Ipad mini 2 works fine, mini4 seems even smoother,only the cellular versions have a gps chip but this not really a problem for most modes of flight, and even when you do need gps on your device you can tether to a phone.

Hi Marley, I purchased the ipad mini 2 7.9 inch and bought a short connection lead from Amazon so I didn't have lots of cable that could get caught up.
The other reason " besides my Samsung tab 3 not giving a picture" is I did not like all the permissions that you had to agree to on the dji go app. I use the ipad mini only for the phantom 4 so they have no access to my other parts of my life ie facebook etc

Last edited:
Hi Darren,
Wich one is that the 7.9 inchs?!?!Is the mini 4??Cause here in europe they only sell mini 2 and 4.
The lead could be an issue too...mine is the one wich comes with ipad...that´s a guess i guess ;-)

If it has a option in pull down/ When USB is plugged in, try changing those options. Also in Developer options:debugging.
Debugging is enabled. I tryed to change USB connection options, but nothing changes.

If I push record, video is perfectly recorded in the P4 SD card. But images are all black on N8000 tablet.

I'm not sure but I was thinking about a possible codec missing?

Last edited:
Unplug the usb. Turn all on, let everything settle... plug usb in.

Also delete DATA and CACHE before doing it. Reboot device before it.

Unplug the usb. Turn all on, let everything settle... plug usb in.
Seems to me that the problem is only with the tablet, that cannot "read" video data sent by the drone. If I record a video, everything is perfectly saved to SD card, but not at N8000.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl