P4 Collision Avoidance vrs a Bird in flight

I was wondering how the new P4 would react in this situation, filmed with a P3P. Thoughts?

Video is private and even as a logged in member I don't have permission.

That was close and quick. Likely way too quick for a P4 to react.

On the subject, lights on a drone would likely prevent collisions. It seems to work on airplanes that are at bird altitudes and duting the 2 peak times, migration and nesting/breeding.

I've wondered this as well. I wanted to know if it would avoid moving objects not just static. Something tells me it will not reverse instead only strafe up down forward left or right if at all.

or else we will have to sneak up on it to hand catch! gotcha!

I think those sensors are only good out to about 10 foot.
as for how fast the QC will react remains to be seen, i suspect pretty good in most situations.
but you'll still end up with something happening faster than it can react.
might be okay for birds though as long as they are not dive bombing it.

I think those sensors are only good out to about 10 foot.
as for how fast the QC will react remains to be seen, i suspect pretty good in most situations.
but you'll still end up with something happening faster than it can react.
might be okay for birds though as long as they are not dive bombing it.
I read somewhere it's around 30' sensing distance for CA. I don't think 10' would be enough at 30mph.

Am I missing something here or what!? It looks like the P4 is doing nothing. It's the birds that avoid hitting the drone...

Correct me is I am wrong.

The OP is posting a video and asking how folks think a P4 would react, not implying this IS a P4.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And..... as you can see, the obstacle may not always come from the front either.....but enjoy the view!!

image.png
I read somewhere it's around 30' sensing distance for CA. I don't think 10' would be enough at 30mph.
The collision avoidance is good from 2' to 49'

I think that means the P4 has about one second to sense and avoid an object. I also read somewhere that the sensor needs an object to register at least 500 pixels for it to be detected.

If I put a P4 in a hover, face it towards me and start walking towards it, will it back away from me? Hmmm... Need to try that!

And if there are multiple objects moving near the P4 in range of it's forward sensors, how does it react? Closest one? Biggest one?

As for the birds, I think they're too fast especially if they come in from an angle.

ianwood, Yes to all. If you move towards it, it will back up. The P3P with litchi app does that and so with this sensor working properly, you can back the P4 into an object like a tree or pole.

As for birds. They will mostly avoid the quadcopter but some are curious. Always move slow. Unless one tries to get you. Then fly like hell. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.