P4 camera

No.

Looks like the camera is in a plastic housing as opposed to the P3 aluminum ??

Looks like the camera is in a plastic housing as opposed to the P3 aluminum ??
If I had to guess I'd say it's a metal housing with some kind of coating on it. I truly can't even imagine it being entirely plastic.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a metal housing with some kind of coating on it. I truly can't even imagine it being entirely plastic.
In one of the videos they say it is a composite material

Translation. ..plastic :(
In the video introducing the P4 at the end it says "all in a composite core unibody that is lighter and sturdier than aluminum" and on the P4 FAQ on the DJI website as well as the description on the BH photo video website says Magnesium core. I wonder if that means it has a magnesium composite core??? If so then it looks like the camera housing is made of the same material

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 352
In the video introducing the P4 at the end it says "all in a composite core unibody that is lighter and sturdier than aluminum" and on the P4 FAQ on the DJI website as well as the description on the BH photo video website says Magnesium core. I wonder if that means it has a magnesium composite core??? If so then it looks like the camera housing is made of the same material

I understood the magnesium core to be the silver belly piece the camera is mounted to.
I wish there were some real tech specs, for example...
What is this "composite"
Of course don't get me wrong,
Im not bashing, heck I ordered one 18 seconds after the release !!

I understood the magnesium core to be the silver belly piece the camera is mounted to.
I wish there were some real tech specs, for example...
What is this "composite"
Of course don't get me wrong,
Im not bashing, heck I ordered one 18 seconds after the release !!
Yeah that is what I thought about the magnesium core as well, the camera housing is the same color and texture so I am assuming that is what the camera housing is made from as well.

Should have it by end of month, we'll find out then.
Cant wait !!
All Hail DJI !!

It is funny how we are saying that maybe the new camera housing is less than the old or vice versa? But, speaking from experience, I've crashed my P3A and even with the aluminum or aluminum alloy or whatever, the yaw arm still broke. Hence the collision avoidance system? Maybe? DJI is probably tired of repairing these camera's and gimbals. A crash is a crash and has it's consequences small or large. I vote for the CAS!

It is funny how we are saying that maybe the new camera housing is less than the old or vice versa? But, speaking from experience, I've crashed my P3A and even with the aluminum or aluminum alloy or whatever, the yaw arm still broke. Hence the collision avoidance system? Maybe? DJI is probably tired of repairing these camera's and gimbals. A crash is a crash and has it's consequences small or large. I vote for the CAS!

Two major issues that plagued the P3 were the camera & gimbal fragility, and the shell crack issues.
It looks like DJI addressed both of these issues in the P4, I find it hard to believe that these problems were not corrected.

Two major issues that plagued the P3 were the camera & gimbal fragility, and the shell crack issues.
It looks like DJI addressed both of these issues in the P4, I find it hard to believe that these problems were not corrected.

I agree, however, it may have been that the correction was the CAS. It may also have been the material as well. I have however noticed that the ribbon cable is still exposed. So, we'll see in time, crash after crash or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues