P4 Camera Out-of-Focus Issue

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I updated my P4 firmware yesterday (v1.1.410) and noticed what appears to be out of focus situation with my camera, Almost like sharpness settings bounces around automatically in single take.

Here are some examples from same recording. (see attached)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.00.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.00.56 PM.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 1,576
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.00.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 9.00.37 PM.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,333
  • IMG_3848.jpg
    IMG_3848.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_3849.jpg
    IMG_3849.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomix
I don't think so, camera was station fairly consistent shutter speed. It's as if sharpness settings gets scrambled w/out my input.

I'd be surprised if that degree of softness simply reflects a change in sharpness setting, but maybe. Should be able to test that hypothesis by setting sharpness to minimum. Unless the firmware is making an even bigger change than the user settings permit.

Wow, check this out... (Attached Images)

I just recycled the power it comes all blurry again, switch color setting from D-Log to D-Cinelike back to D-Log and it's sharp again... so strange, happens every time, blurry on startup, cycle color from D-Log back to D-Log and then it's sharp again???

Definitely seems like software issue. Shutter speed remained the same, P4 completely station (no motion blur)

Attachments

• IMG_3851.jpg
    IMG_3851.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 1,097
Hi everyone,

I updated my P4 firmware yesterday (v1.1.410) and noticed what appears to be out of focus situation with my camera, Almost like sharpness settings bounces around automatically in single take.

Here are some examples from same recording. (see attached)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This happened to me too. Unfortunately I never got to the bottom of it. I returned my Phantom 4 for a refund because of this problem and several others I was having.

In addition to the blurry video, if I had DJI Go set to still images my iPad screen was blurry but the images were sharp. When set to video it was the other way around--sharp image on the iPad but blurry video. Go figure... I may never know.

This happened to me too. Unfortunately I never got to the bottom of it. I returned my Phantom 4 for a refund because of this problem and several others I was having.

In addition to the blurry video, if I had DJI Go set to still images my iPad screen was blurry but the images were sharp. When set to video it was the other way around--sharp image on the iPad but blurry video. Go figure... I may never know.

That makes me feel better, thought I was going crazy, didn't have this issue before... I really don't want to switch color mode every time and then half way have it revert back to blurry again by itself every time.

I noticed this for the first time yesterday right after I completed firmware upgrade, wonder if I can roll back and see if that fixes it for me...

My P4 arrived yesterday. First flight was crisp and clear. Took it down; updated the firmware, and it's been blurry since.

Glad this is a software issue though and I wasn't sold a damaged product...

Same problem. Downgrade my P4 to firmware 1.1.0301 and everything is ok...

Attachments

• 4k_sample.jpg
    4k_sample.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 887
Since the new firmware my P4 now takes 2 pictures and it is set on single, one picture is perfect and the exact same pic a copy is blurred, all the pics I took are now two exact copies one good and the other blurry. With no focus on the camera why and how does the firmware make a blurred copy!

Reactions: zacksomeone
I have the same issue, an entire day of shooting was blurry. The first two shots (video) were ok. Everything else was blurry, since it's just my 3rd flight I thought the blurriness I was seeing on the iPad was just for the live feed. Now I also changed settings and it looks like it's back to normal. I hope it's a software thing that they can fix. It would be a hassle to send it back to warranty from the country I live in.

Same problem after upgrade.. Just before the update my problem was lost of signal..now it's fixed but focus problem appear! How to fix it!

This is a known bug, the only work around is to change the colour mode every time you start the craft or switch between picture or video mode.

So d-log to none then back to d-log.

Apparently there is a new beta firmware out that fixes this issue and will be out early next week after it's been beta tested by DJI to ensure no other bugs are included.

The other option is to downgrade firmware. It is a firmware issue.

I TRIED switching back and forth the None, C-log, and Cine, and nothing changes. And it's not just on-screen, the stills on card are crap. Help is on the way?

Here's my contribution. It's the original 4000x3000 right off the SD card. Thoughts?

Dropbox - DJI_0007.JPG

I'm seeing major cam issues on several threads about the last update of FW.
It's apparent that DJI will release a FW fix for this real soon! Sure they fixed the range issue, but now this. Do I smell a FW update on the horizon ? :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic