P4 Camera Hue Issue

Reaction score
Though I think the P4 camera does a more consistent Auto White Balance than my P3 Pro, I've noticed there are some shades of red that are not accurately reproduced. they come out linking pink. I've found that if I offset the hue by 10 degrees in Premiere Pro, it corrects this problem. Just a shame to have to put the color filter in any clips with this shade of red. Anyone else experience this? Is there an offset that can be entered to correct this problem in the P4 camera settings?

Oh I get it, you were saying the Auto setting is the problem! What do you suggest then?

Auto settings do exactly what they say .. It changes during filming so your pictures colour temperature is shifting during shooting - This is not how you shoot consistent quality video. Auto settings differ greatly between different machines.. Some are ok (depending on your shooting environment), some are .. Not so good! But for RELIABLE consistency always shoot manually I.e either set the colour temp (white balance) to daylight (sunny 5600k (noon)) or whatever your shooting conditions OR get a white piece of paper and do a manual (custom) white balance.. You WILL then have consistency in your image thus looking much better. Sure, lighting conditions will possibly change but up in the sky it won't be significant as if your using AutoWhite balance which has the potential to shift colour noticeably. Where auto settings can come in handy is when you need to set a ballpark setting from which you then manually fine adjust to get the correct colour temp or exposure if that is also being adjusted. Experiment, you'll see what I mean!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic