P4 Camera gimbal limp

Reaction score
Brand new P4 - out of the box first three flights went perfectly. Fourth flight the camera gimbal was limp. Next flight the following day camera gimbal worked. But now it won't work and has not worked the last several attempts. I have put the P4 on a level flat surface (measured with a carpenters level) and recalibrate. I did the "cold calibration" putting the p4 in the refrigerator overnight to cool the IMU and then recalibrate. Still no luck. And, I also just loaded the latest firmware 6/6/2016 version on both the controller and the P4 - still no luck. The P4 flies fine but the camera gimbal just hangs limp.

I really need the drone for a project next week and don't have time to ship it for repair. If anyone has any ideas I would welcome your thoughts. Thanks.

Also, if anyone knows how to get the drone repaired more quickly, I would love to hear about that as well.

Is the gimbal limp the entire time? Is it still limp if you remove the memory card before powering on your Phantom?

It just hangs at a 30-degree angle. The first three flights and the fifth flight it responded and oriented itself when I started the drone. I'll try your suggestion and remove the memory card before powering the Phantom. Thanks,

It just hangs at a 30-degree angle. The first three flights and the fifth flight it responded and oriented itself when I started the drone. I'll try your suggestion and remove the memory card before powering the Phantom. Thanks,

I tried starting the Phantom with and without the memory card in and it did not make any difference. The camera is still hanging limp. I do get the camera signal and video but the gimbal just doesn't work. Thanks for your suggestions.

Strange for sure. Any time I've seen that happen the feed doesn't work. It suggests problems that DJI may need to look at.

Call them, they may have an idea.

It sounds like the camera is not totally limp since it's holding some type of angle and is transmitting video. Did you try recalibrating the remote controller in DJI GO?

I don't think it is good idea to put the P4 in the refrigerator over night to recalibrate the IMU. You could cause condensation on the electrical parts and cause even more damage.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4