P4 "Bounce" on Landing

Reaction score
I am experiencing some issues with my P4 on landing. On some but not all occasions when i have the stick down to land, when the copter get near to the ground (say 30cm) it rises up for a few seconds, then goes back down, it repeats this a few times and then lands but it lands pretty hard!

Anyone see this before or an idea on how to cure this ?

The last time i did this is was flying with Litchi with the VPS turned off but it has happened in DJI Go as well

no vps = bounce

I have experienced the same issues in the DGI GO app with the VPS on as it cant be turned off.

I turned the VPS of in Litchi as I am flying over water and have heard this is the right thing to do. Is there a way to land safely with the VPS turned off ??

if the VPS off what is making the copter bounce ? If it cant see sense the ground with the VPS off what is it trying to avoid ?

I have experienced the same issues in the DGI GO app with the VPS on as it cant be turned off.

I turned the VPS of in Litchi as I am flying over water and have heard this is the right thing to do. Is there a way to land safely with the VPS turned off ??

if the VPS off what is making the copter bounce ? If it cant see sense the ground with the VPS off what is it trying to avoid ?

While I can't offer a reason why you are experiencing a bounce, I can tell you how I land without a bounce and if there's a difference, you can try it.

When landing I only use the left stick and ease downward until it touches the ground. Once the drone touches the ground I pull the left stick down all the way until the motors turn off. There are some that may pull both sticks at touchdown(left stick down left and right stick down right) but that is not the proper way to shutdown. Using both sticks could cause the motors to thrust an extra second or so before shutting down resulting in a tip over.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

VPS can be turned off in DJI go app

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks Kingdad1985, from all the previous threads here my understanding was that on the P4 the VPS couldn't be turned off. Has there been an update that I have missed that has added in this functionality ?

I am experiencing some issues with my P4 on landing. On some but not all occasions when i have the stick down to land, when the copter get near to the ground (say 30cm) it rises up for a few seconds, then goes back down, it repeats this a few times and then lands but it lands pretty hard!

The last time i did this is was flying with Litchi with the VPS turned off but it has happened in DJI Go as well
Have you just upgraded to Go 3.0.0? That is when it appears to happen (along with other issues).
Mine bounces on take-off as well but only until it's a meter or more off the ground, so easy to avoid problems with a positive input. Not the point though!

Mentioned this a few times now. Make sure you are using the newest version of DJI Assistant app to calibrate your VPS. It was released a few weeks ago and the calibration process is more in depth. I was experiencing bouncing. I calibrated using the new software, plus IMU and everything else, and it cleared my problem up.

Thanks Kingdad1985, from all the previous threads here my understanding was that on the P4 the VPS couldn't be turned off. Has there been an update that I have missed that has added in this functionality ?
I'm pretty sure it can be turned off. I'll check in a few

Have you upgraded to the latest DJI Go version. My P4 surged at landing before 3.0.1. Now
it lands smoothly.

my P4 is like a falling feather, nice and slow which results in a smooth touchdown as I do what jogforfitness does,

Haven't had my P4 long - flew a mates around and landed no issues. Flew mine a few times landed no issues.

Enter a slightly Windy/gusty day - upon landing my P4 flipped. New props needed but no other damage thnk fk!

After a few nerves and worries, I decided to switch to hand catching and will continue to do so until I lose an arm or leg.... Haha

Lotsa ppl will disagree but hey its your $ etc so choose for yourself!
I think hand catching is good to learn even if u don't plan on doing it all the time cause at some point, windy day or long grass you might not have another option

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen