P4 Bliss

Reaction score
Beautiful day out flying my P4 over water from Seawolf Park in Galveston Texas. The sunken ship is the SS Selma, an experimental concrete ship that was launched the day World War I ended. It was the result of a shortage of steel from the war effort. It hit a jetty and was unable to be repaired so it was scuttled to this location in 1922. Has been there ever since. I also flew over Seawolf Park where the USS Cavala and USS Stewart are on display. Just as I was about to end my flight the Royal Carribean Liberty of the Seas made an appearance.

Paul

Nice, I caught a ton of fish in that area and around that wrecked ship. You used that whole battery ... how much did you have remaining?

I'm sitting there on the outwards saying come on you can make this, pedal harder! Looks like the wind was against you the way out as well.
Interesting subject and nice to watch.

Nice, I caught a ton of fish in that area and around that wrecked ship. You used that whole battery ... how much did you have remaining?
Nice video, Paul B!
You and me both. We'd put in at the yacht basin close by, hit the cement ship, the jetties and then some oil rig heads in the bay.

I took off from a parking lot of Wings Beachwear next to Stewart's Beach, and flew down to and up and down the carnival pier(old Flagship pier), back past my location, around the two tall Palisade Palms condo towers, and then back. That was a LONG flight, and I came back on fumes. I started that day flying the beach and jetty at Surfside Beach, but I didn't make it past the Stewart's Beach flight due to my battery not being charged enough to fly over by Seawolf Park and the cement ship as I had planned earlier.

I will be back sometime later this year, but first, I will be at my sister's house on the Colorado River near Matagorda. I have some Litchi missions already planned for that area, and I'm hoping to get some dolphin videos during that time.

Reactions: olefolks
Nice video, Paul B!
You and me both. We'd put in at the yacht basin close by, hit the cement ship, the jetties and then some oil rig heads in the bay.

I took off from a parking lot of Wings Beachwear next to Stewart's Beach, and flew down to and up and down the carnival pier(old Flagship pier), back past my location, around the two tall Palisade Palms condo towers, and then back. That was a LONG flight, and I came back on fumes. I started that day flying the beach and jetty at Surfside Beach, but I didn't make it past the Stewart's Beach flight due to my battery not being charged enough to fly over by Seawolf Park and the cement ship as I had planned earlier.

I will be back sometime later this year, but first, I will be at my sister's house on the Colorado River near Matagorda. I have some Litchi missions already planned for that area, and I'm hoping to get some dolphin videos during that time.

Be sure and post those vids. Fished East and West Matagorda many many times. Wish I was there right now!!

Be sure and post those vids. Fished East and West Matagorda many many times. Wish I was there right now!!

OP, I can't believe how bad the Seawolf Park pavilion has sunk into so much disrepair until your flight. It was so bright and shiny for most of my youth. Also, did anyone give you hell about flying from there? I would like to do a Litchi mission from there, but if not able to, somewhere close by.

OT: Also, I duck hunted and fished both bays in the '70s to early '80s, but I've only fished them here and there over the last few years when I come to visit. My sister sold her Gulf Coast, so now it's just fishing from her pier or the beach.

One of my concerns with flying down the Colorado River, the bays and the Intracoastal, is being shot at due to other sportsman thinking it is a sport shooting at the white flying thingy zipping on by. I will send my bird out on these long Litchi missions I have planned, and I'm hoping it will make it back.

I'm stuck out here farther west without a water feature to fly over, so I can't wait to get back a long the coast. Also, the thicker/lower altitude air(I'm at about 4k') seems to noticeably extend my flying time, which is a big plus.

OP, I can't believe how bad the Seawolf Park pavilion has sunk into so much disrepair until your flight. It was so bright and shiny for most of my youth. Also, did anyone give you hell about flying from there? I would like to do a Litchi mission from there, but if not able to, somewhere close by.

OT: Also, I duck hunted and fished both bays in the '70s to early '80s, but I've only fished them here and there over the last few years when I come to visit. My sister sold her Gulf Coast, so now it's just fishing from her pier or the beach.

One of my concerns with flying down the Colorado River, the bays and the Intracoastal, is being shot at due to other sportsman thinking it is a sport shooting at the white flying thingy zipping on by. I will send my bird out on these long Litchi missions I have planned, and I'm hoping it will make it back.

I'm stuck out here farther west without a water feature to fly over, so I can't wait to get back a long the coast. Also, the thicker/lower altitude air(I'm at about 4k') seems to noticeably extend my flying time, which is a big plus.
I fly from there all the time and never once had any issues with people telling me I can't fly there.

Paul

Reactions: ftttu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20