P4 best tablet lowest price

Cellular signal strength would not have any impact on the issue you described. I usually fly with my iPad in Airplane mode so incoming texts, email and alerts won't pop up. In fact you can use a non-cellular enabled device to fly with, you just wouldn't have GPS services (with an iPad) on the controller. But the P4 uses its own GPS for flight.

Bob

Reactions: Jack1926
Keep your eye on your cellular signal!!! I was using my iPad Mini 4 cellular with Verizon service the other Day in (Follow Me Mode). I got close to a large two story house with my Transmitter with tablet connected, and had my **"VERY FIRST FLY AWAY"**. I've had Hundreds of FLAWLESS flights, with my Biggest issue being a tilted Horizon. I walked towards the Phantom, and it took off FULL SPEED BACKWARDS!!! I "BARLEY" had time to flip my toggle switch back to P-MODE before slamming into some 110FT Pine Trees with a POND Right in front of them. I took it as a lesson learned the BLESSED way!! I only have one Piece of Advice after this Close Call other than insure your cellular signal is EXCELLENT, and that is to make Absolutely Positively Sure your Set to ***(Multiple Flight Modes)*** in the Go App. Atleast Then you can just Flip your switch up in a Emergency, and Exit the Smart Mode. If I had not had that Enabled in the Go App, My Phantom would be swimming with the Fish Right Now. I Consider this a "MUST DO" When using ANY of the Smart Modes, (No Matter What). Most people probably know this, but for the one Fellow Flyer that doesn't, I hope this post may Possibly save them some Heartache, or even Worse.

The single and only reason i got one to use with a free cellular sim is to be able to get maps up when im out (yes i know i can cache them prior to flights) i will probably never use any of the smart things the life i have the drone , but thanks though

Cellular signal strength would not have any impact on the issue you described. I usually fly with my iPad in Airplane mode so incoming texts, email and alerts won't pop up. In fact you can use a non-cellular enabled device to fly with, you just wouldn't have GPS services (with an iPad) on the controller. But the P4 uses its own GPS for flight.

Bob
Your Cellular Signal is Exactly what the Go App uses for Follow Me, and most of the other intelligent flight Modes (with the P3 Pro). It had Everything to do with it taking off backwards when I walked towards it while in Follow me Mode. I Have Never Trusted the Smart Functions by Rule. (Excluding Course Lock). It has been very Useful many times. I Always turn WiFi "OFF" Then Turn ON Airplane Mode Soon as I Establish my Map. I Only attempt Takeoff after preforming All of these steps, as far as the iPad Mini 4 with Verizon. The only reason I didn't turn Airplane Mode on This time was because I wanted to test Follow Me Mode after the latest Firmware Update. Before I did the Last Firmware update, I NEVER Had this happen. When I would get a weak signal before, the App would Just Say Follow Me Cancelled due to Poor Signal Quality. I can't imagine why the Go App Doesn't Show your Cellular Signal Connection Strength while using The "Smart Modes"?? For Example (Litchi) Displays Your Cellular Signal Strength First, and Foremost above all other wireless connections, Radio / WiFi Exedra. It's common Knowledge that the Smart Function Capabilities Have Always been Advertised to only work If your Device Has Cellular Service. I'm not using ANY of them again after this last incident. Excluding Course Lock of course. It doesn't require anything except your P-MODE Satellite connection. Litchi Appears to Be Much More Reliable From what I have Researched So Far. They've Even added the tracking features in the software like the P4 Has. It doesn't make your P3 Pro a P4, but it Definitely works ALOT better than (DJI'S P3 FOLLOW ME). It's just too Risky for My Blood. I Love the EXIT out, and Hover Feature Rather Than Drag Racing Backwards when the Cellular Signal is compromised. I forgot to mention that My iPad Mini 4 is a 100% Dedicated DJI GO App Monitor. I'm only connected to Google For the Mapping. I wouldn't Dare use anything with Messages, or Notifications Popping up In the middle of Flight. That Definitely sounds like a "Recipe For Disaster."

How would have keeping an eye on your cellular signal helped prevent this accident?
GOOD Question!!!

Please See my post at the end of this thread. I'm not just sure. I'm Absolutely Positive it caused this. I must admit that it has never done anything this extravagant before. I have Heard the Motors REV Erratically Before when walking towards the Phantom in follow me mode, but never had a full speed backwards Fly Away until after updating the very latest firmware. If anything, I assumed that it would become even smoother considering Apple, and DJ I are working together now, but there's obviously a Glitch somewhere. Before the update it would just EXIT Follow Me, and Display a message saying "Cellular Connection was poor Follow Me Cancelled". In so many words of course. Keep in mind I'm referring to the Phantom 3 professional, not the Phantom 4, BTW.

I just got the Nvidia shield k1 ,liking it so far better then the Samsung Galaxy tab 4 ,10.1in no lag or video problems plus hdmi output
Try the micro HDMI to regular HDMI cable connected to a video monitor, or TV to see if it will stream live video to an external monitor via HDMI during flight. I hear this is the one and only way of getting around the HDMI transmitter upgrade that bolts onto the back of the remote. I was also interested in the HDMI output video Quality using this type of setup. Do you know if it's 720P HDMI out? I'm happy to hear you found an Android tablet that works well for you!!! I am also an Android person, but had to give in to the iPad Mini 4 due to the screen enhancements, and Less iOS compatibility problems.

I did get the micro hdmi and hooked it to my TV and it works great I do believe it is 720 .I have older samsung plasma TV I was recording in 4k so it was kind of Jerky so lowered it 1080 much better now.i entered contest and one a airpad 2 so I will have to see which looks better

Reactions: Jack1926
I just got the Nvidia shield k1 ,liking it so far better then the Samsung Galaxy tab 4 ,10.1in no lag or video problems plus hdmi output

The K1 is the best value in a tablet if you want to go Android. I had one for about two weeks but finally had to take it back because I just couldn't use it on bright sunny days even with a 70° visor. I just finally decided to feed my family Ramen for a month and I choked down and iPad Pro 9.7 with cellular so I could have the GPS. Admittedly, I like to feature set of the iOS version such as digital zoom and full screen FPV.

If anyone is interested in reading my tablet journey, it's here...
SD card and Best tablet to use

This may be the wrong place to post this, but I have an iPad Air 2 128GB 4G for sale. I bought an iPad Pro 9.7. The Air 2 is in excellent shape, no scratches. Never been dropped, etc. Message me if interested.

Bob

Reactions: KennyN
Not sure I've seen this mentioned on the threads, so apologise in advance if it has.
My recommendation for an SD card would be the Sandisk High Endurance. Water and shock proof, and records flawlessly on my P3A.
Fairly cheap too, and are recommended where they need to be overwritten lots and are designed for surveillance cameras etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The Nvidia Shield K1 is one of the best Android tablets available.

I have just picked up a Nvidia Shield K1 and I agree. To be honest, it's a bargain, if you can find one.

I got mine from CEX here in the UK and it was brand new. I believe they returned all of their original Shields under the recall scheme and had them replaced with the K1 model, so if you order a grade A non K1 you can save yourself £30 on the advertised price and receive a receive a new K1 with 2 year warranty for £150.

I have Air 2, but haven't activated the cellular, use iPhone 5s for hotspot to get maps, etc when needed in field, and has worked flawless. I keep my Otterbox on my iPad so I had to cut my tablet holder and put approx 1 1/2" plastic splice in to allow extra height for Otterbox, added small jaw like clamps at top and bottom rest to help hold in the soft rubber of the case. Little extra heavy but use good wide neck strap. I modified my sun shield by adding another to the outer edge of the first one and get a good deep pocket to shield glare, helps a lot with the reflectiveness of the Air2. May add pics.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just got a 9.7 iPad Pro Verizon from Best Buy yesterday for $250... They had it $200 off the regular price, and since I bought a new iPhone 7, they offered an additional $250 off when added as a 2 year contract at $10/mo. It BARELY fits in the remote tray, but there are adapters available to make bigger tablets fit better. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a flight yet, but it looks amazing with the app. I can't wait to have the added functionality of the maps with the new tablet.

Reactions: P4 Phlyer
I'm actually in a tough making decision right now.. not sure weather to buy the iPad mini 4 or the pro 9.7 :/ there both great.. just not sure if the 9.7 is overkill lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Oh, it most DEFINITELY is overkill...But, it was CHEAPER getting what I did, rather than what I had. I returned the Mini 4 to get the Pro. CHEAPER. Its also a much newer tablet with better guts. I had no issues when I was using the Mini 4 though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj