P4 best tablet lowest price

How about connect the tablet / pad via your mobile device as a hotspot? Would that ensure the GPS connectivity for this function?
No -- that will not work. You could get use an external GPS receiver though (like one of these).

Picked up an iPad air2 cellular/wifi today from Groupon, only $359 with free shipping and free returns.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Bob,
That's great that yours doesn't have any side to side wobble.
Mine and others was horrible...it felt like the screen was going fall off, very aggravating.:mad:

In fact one guys IPad Air 2 did brake off from the bracket...never did get the final update on that one...I will ask him again.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I don't have much time using the holder yet. I'll keep an eye on it and may upgrade to this one. I was happy to learn that the standard holder on the P4 RC is metal.

Bob

Thanks for the Post. I am same way. I dont like Apple Products. My Note 3 works fine-just smaller than I like. I can not get my Galaxy 10.1 to work. And not to mention Maps Made Easy does not support Android and other 2 Drone Deploy and Pix4D come out with Apple first (still waiting on Android version). Curious if 16g will be enough if all one is using it for is a screen for the controller? Thanks
Absolutely!!! That's what I have, and it holds ALOT more than I originally thought it would!! I keep the auto cleanup in the app on 2GB, and clear out the MAP track for every new flight unless I need it for Later.

Reactions: P4 Phlyer
So how about the iPad Air 2 16 gig slightly faster chip and largest screen to perfectly fit in the holder
GREAT FIT!!! It is made for it without a doubt. I would get an Anti-glare screen protector, and a sun shade off Amazon REAL CHEEP!!! Good one too!! Bout to post a few pictures btw.

I went with the 16 gig iPad air2 wifi cell and I love it finding a sun screen for it is difficult tho in Canada, also ordered a one foot long lighting cable
I can help ya if you need to get a device Protector, and screen protector with Anti-glare. Both under $20.00 off Amazon. I could send it to you as a Gift with my Prime Membership. Let me know. Also hoods for the summer time sun real cheap!! I will put a few pics up for ya. The hood is under $20 ALSO. They have Alot taller ones to help with Glare. I'm really happy with my present setup.

Attachments

• 1459602089793.jpg
    1459602089793.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 439
  • 1459602114350.jpg
    1459602114350.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 1459602129846.jpg
    1459602129846.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 1459602160748.jpg
    1459602160748.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 1459602210551.jpg
    1459602210551.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 375
Reactions: Cybrboss
The device holder fits the iPad Air absolutely perfectly!! They HAD to be made for each other Obviously. All you have to do is go to a store with your transmitter, and open the device holder all the way to see what I'm talking about. The reason I feel the iPad Mini 4 is ideal was because of the anti-glare feature PERIOD. That combined with a anti-glare screen protector makes an enormous difference in the middle of a bright sunny day with just a sun shade, and nothing more. I have flown 6 batteries in a row, and I still have more than 60% charge on my iPad Mini 4 with the screen brightness pushed to the MAX. It is cellular, so the maps running wide open, but I do fly in airplane mode. Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth turned off. Another reason I went ahead and got the brand new iPad from Best Buy was because of the lithium-ion education I have obtained during my education on the Phantom 3 batteries. It's not just the Phantom 3 batteries that have approximately 200 charges in a life cycle, but all Lithium-ion batteries in general. Considering all of these factors, I decided to just except the two year contract, and take the deal to keep from having to hide from the Sun in some way shape, or form just to take a decent picture, or video with my Phantom. This goes for anything that requires a tablet including the inspire. If you're going to use any of the smart functions that will require the GPS I would highly recommend using Verizon Wireless as your carrier just because of the strength of the cellular signal, and GPS. None of those smart features are smart if your connection is poor. A dropped call is aggravating, but it would be a lot more dramatic if your Phantom was relying on that connection and lost it at 20 to 30 MPH!!! I know the risk isn't worth it for me. Especially if your depending on one of these functions around anyone or their property. I know that locations may vary, but I have never had a dropped call, or lost signal with Verizon, and I've had every single cellular service there is trying to avoid paying for Verizon service. I finally gave up the ghost, and just accepted that you get what you pay for. I didn't say I liked it, it's just the facts.
I have been having glaring glare problems all along. Basically flying blind with dji-go. your post reminded me to check my brightness setting. duh. it was on auto and at about half bright. Cranking it up 100% and adding an anti-glare screen protector along with my sun shade makes it totally visible now. I can't tell you how relieved I am. I have a fire HDX and was thinking of getting the iPad Mini you suggested when I tried this. Just saved myself $400. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Jack1926
You have to get a CELLULAR IPad Mini 4 with (cellular service) in order for the smart functions to work, and the map stay oriented. Like I said before They added the extra tablet to my Verizon account for $10 a month. If you were to purchase one off of eBay, or Amazon Exedra. You have to make absolutely sure that it doesn't just say Wi-Fi, but also cellular, and the carrier is VERY IMPORTANT. Don't buy an AT&T tablet if you have Verizon service, vice versa. I tried to get a deal online for 2 months, and I started noticing that people were paying more 4 used iPad Mini 2 than you could purchase a NEW one For????! Crazy!!! It turns into a bidding war most of the time, and logic gets thrown out the window. I didn't want to add a single penny 2 My cellular bill, but $10 a month is well worth saving approximately $500 off of the retail price for a brand New Mini 4 with the anti-glare feature that could have possibly been implemented just for use with the Phantom 3,4, and inspire Models Transmitter!?! Apple comes out with the mini 4 last year with anti-glare, and now they're selling Phantom 4's. Hmmm.... You be the Judge. I can tell you they work Flawlessly Together!!! just like they came in the same box, from the same Factory. I don't ever hear anyone bring up the issue of having a "VERY Good Cellular Connection when using the smart functions," but having experienced every single carrier before finally switching to Verizon, I can personally say that Verizon has the best overall coverage Hands Down!! I'm sure that there can be to some extenuating circumstances, such as Maybe being located very close to an AT&T tower or something like that. Generally speaking, Verizon is Superior when it comes to signal strength, and GPS. I've been wanting to mention this to the masses, but never found a better opportunity than Now. When you read the specs on all the smart functions they mention ("Accuracy can vary according to your Cellular Connection"). This isn't a big deal unless you are using one of the Smart Functions. If you ARE then it can mean the difference between everything working perfectly as it was designed to do, or outright not working at all when you least expect it, possibly causing you to crash, or even worse. I know Verizon service is expensive, and I have just accepted the fact that you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to you are cellular service. Speaking in behalf of anything, or anyone that is receiving cellular service through Verizon towers, and GPS services, just to be Clear. I've heard of some of these other more affordable Networks running off of Verizon, but I find it hard to believe that it's 100% Verizon coverage. I could be wrong, but I honestly just do not know. I DO know that I would not DARE flip that switch down under any circumstance, if I was with any other carrier considering my personal experiences with the rest of them in the past. I Absolutely believe that DJI thought about this, and that's why there is a "Height Restriction" all all of the smart functions no matter where you are. Think about it. I know I Have.
Remember all wifi only ipads do not have GPS , so you will miss out on a couple features like "Follow Me: . Just sayin' .
Remember all wifi only ipads do not have GPS , so you will miss out on a couple features like "Follow Me: . Just sayin' .
Check out the Galaxy TABs. My WI-FI Only Galaxy TAB - A has GPS, I only wish the screen was brighter.

I have been having glaring glare problems all along. Basically flying blind with dji-go. your post reminded me to check my brightness setting. duh. it was on auto and at about half bright. Cranking it up 100% and adding an anti-glare screen protector along with my sun shade makes it totally visible now. I can't tell you how relieved I am. I have a fire HDX and was thinking of getting the iPad Mini you suggested when I tried this. Just saved myself $400. Thanks for the post.
It was My pleasure!!! Happy To here your satisfied with your equipment Now. I take the time to make these post to at least hopefully help one person out there. I your comment is very much appreciated also!!! It helps me to stay motivated in My attempt to continue to help. Thank you!!!

Had an iPad mini 4 and wished for more screen... Best Buy will allow trade-ins within 2weeks so changed to iPad Air 2 10" screen...... Wrong wrong... There is a serious incompatibility with phantom 4. Air 2 thinks it's aP3 and will not allow you to connect a p4... You get p3 and no camera orFPV. Back to BestBuy with more grovelling ... Now beyond 2weeks and already swapped system just the day before. They allowed me to get another iPad mini 4 and everything is GREAT again. Stay away from Air 2 if you have a P4

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I picked up an Ipad mini 4 cellular for $270 last week.
Also T mobile have a "bring your own device" sim that's $3.99, order it online and you get 200mb of data per month free of charge no contract or phone number needed!

Had an iPad mini 4 and wished for more screen... Best Buy will allow trade-ins within 2weeks so changed to iPad Air 2 10" screen...... Wrong wrong... There is a serious incompatibility with phantom 4. Air 2 thinks it's aP3 and will not allow you to connect a p4... You get p3 and no camera orFPV. Back to BestBuy with more grovelling ... Now beyond 2weeks and already swapped system just the day before. They allowed me to get another iPad mini 4 and everything is GREAT again. Stay away from Air 2 if you have a P4

Good to Know. Thanks for the info!!

Must have had something not setup correctly. I've been using my iPad Air 2 cellular since I got my Phantom 4. Others are also using the Air 2 without issues. I'm glad you found a solution that worked for you, but the iPad Air 2 cellular does work great with the P4.

Bob

Last edited:
Anyone using Galaxy Tab S2 9.7? Any issues with it? How is the screen brightness? I need to get tablet asap, using Nexus 6P atm, screen is so small and not bright enough. Thanks a lot.

Verizon wireless has iPad mini 2 with cellular for $150 this week with a 2 year contract. Not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I picked up an Ipad mini 4 cellular for $270 last week.
Also T mobile have a "bring your own device" sim that's $3.99, order it online and you get 200mb of data per month free of charge no contract or phone number needed!

Keep your eye on your cellular signal!!! I was using my iPad Mini 4 cellular with Verizon service the other Day in (Follow Me Mode). I got close to a large two story house with my Transmitter with tablet connected, and had my **"VERY FIRST FLY AWAY"**. I've had Hundreds of FLAWLESS flights, with my Biggest issue being a tilted Horizon. I walked towards the Phantom, and it took off FULL SPEED BACKWARDS!!! I "BARLEY" had time to flip my toggle switch back to P-MODE before slamming into some 110FT Pine Trees with a POND Right in front of them. I took it as a lesson learned the BLESSED way!! I only have one Piece of Advice after this Close Call other than insure your cellular signal is EXCELLENT, and that is to make Absolutely Positively Sure your Set to ***(Multiple Flight Modes)*** in the Go App. Atleast Then you can just Flip your switch up in a Emergency, and Exit the Smart Mode. If I had not had that Enabled in the Go App, My Phantom would be swimming with the Fish Right Now. I Consider this a "MUST DO" When using ANY of the Smart Modes, (No Matter What). Most people probably know this, but for the one Fellow Flyer that doesn't, I hope this post may Possibly save them some Heartache, or even Worse.

Keep your eye on your cellular signal!!! I was using my iPad Mini 4 cellular with Verizon service the other Day in (Follow Me Mode). I got close to a large two story house with my Transmitter with tablet connected, and had my **"VERY FIRST FLY AWAY"**.
How would have keeping an eye on your cellular signal helped prevent this accident?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31