P4 best tablet lowest price

Reaction score
Hi just ordered my phantom for I have a iPhone 6s and I was wondering if it is good enough or does any of you guys recommend an android dragon touch plus

I flew mine for a few days and determined that the screen on my 6s is just too small. I did a lot of reading and decided to buy an Nvidia Shield K1 for $200. I prefer Apple products but I couldn't justify the expense of a cellular capable iPad Mini or Air for use as a monitor for my P4. The Shield arrived today and works great out of the box. I've got anti glare screen protectors coming and I'm either going to build or buy a sun shade, there was a lot of glare when I flew this morning under complete overcast. I'm pleased with the purchase at this point.

I picked up a samsung galaxy tab 4 8 inch model for under $100 , used. Works fine . I am looking to get a 9.7 inch now because I still want something bigger. Should be about $160 used. Check CL.

Thanks I guess bigger is better in this case. Kind of hard to navigate I can imagine on an iPhone screen. Only plus is its cell connectivity. But I'm not to interested in streaming onto YouTube.

I picked up a iPad 4 mini cellular for 199.00 at best buy last week, and they added it to my Verizon account for $10.00 a Month. I've tried a half a dozen different tablets, and I LOVE this one!!! I HATE Apple products, but just had to Bite the Bullet with this one. It was Really worth Every Penny to Me!! Got a anti glare screen for $8.99 off Amazon just to maximize the View. I started getting sick of waiting on the sun to set. I couldn't bet um, so I guess I joined them, but not entirely. I an VERY Happy with My P3'Pro Now!!! Summer is otw, so I Really Believe this upgrade made WAY more since than getting a P4 when it comes to convenience. I can already see a Huge Improvement in my Mid Day video's, and photos. what good is a camera if you can't see what your shooting. Ya Know? They have a return policy from what I hear if your not satisfied. I also love the map display, and how it brings all of the smart modes to life like never before. Thought it couldn't hurt to mention this to y'all. I Just want to Help.

Hi just ordered my phantom for I have a iPhone 6s and I was wondering if it is good enough
It's definitely fast enough, but the screen is pretty small when compared to the average tablet. If interested, you can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

I've used a Nexus 5 (my current backup screen), a Samsung Tab 4 8" and a Samsung Tab A 9.7" (my current tablet) and while they all performed fine, for ease of use and portability while still maintaining a decent size I find the 8" screen just about perfect.

I wonder if anyone has tried a 18" Samsung Galaxy View yet ? Sounds like it would be a bit over-sized , but WOW !

That's child's play --- I was flying FPV on my P3 Pro last fall using a Vizio 80-inch 4K television --- the only problem is I needed one of those 8 ft. x 8 ft. square tents to provide shade so I could see the screen :p

Reactions: BuckyOS and Fallguy
Remember all wifi only ipads do not have GPS , so you will miss out on a couple features like "Follow Me: . Just sayin' .
Yes, what he said! Plus no 'maps' while you are flying!. You need a cellular enabled device, but that doesn't mean you need to use the cellular data / service. The tablet just needs to be GPS enabled.

Happy flying!

If you have a tablet you like with WiFi & Bluetooth only you may want to consider a Garmin GLO GPS, or similar product, which will link with your tablet via Bluetooth.

I flew mine for a few days and determined that the screen on my 6s is just too small. I did a lot of reading and decided to buy an Nvidia Shield K1 for $200. I prefer Apple products but I couldn't justify the expense of a cellular capable iPad Mini or Air for use as a monitor for my P4. The Shield arrived today and works great out of the box. I've got anti glare screen protectors coming and I'm either going to build or buy a sun shade, there was a lot of glare when I flew this morning under complete overcast. I'm pleased with the purchase at this point.
does the remote hold this tablet?

does the remote hold this tablet?
I am almost positive it will hold a 9.7 tablet , but not a 10.1 tablet , unless you have the extender . I purchased an extender , just in case I need it later . $10 .
And those numbers reflect the width not height . Im just saying if your looking for a type of tablet , those are the sizes you should look for.

Remember all wifi only ipads do not have GPS , so you will miss out on a couple features like "Follow Me: . Just sayin' .

You have to get a CELLULAR IPad Mini 4 with (cellular service) in order for the smart functions to work, and the map stay oriented. Like I said before They added the extra tablet to my Verizon account for $10 a month. If you were to purchase one off of eBay, or Amazon Exedra. You have to make absolutely sure that it doesn't just say Wi-Fi, but also cellular, and the carrier is VERY IMPORTANT. Don't buy an AT&T tablet if you have Verizon service, vice versa. I tried to get a deal online for 2 months, and I started noticing that people were paying more 4 used iPad Mini 2 than you could purchase a NEW one For????! Crazy!!! It turns into a bidding war most of the time, and logic gets thrown out the window. I didn't want to add a single penny 2 My cellular bill, but $10 a month is well worth saving approximately $500 off of the retail price for a brand New Mini 4 with the anti-glare feature that could have possibly been implemented just for use with the Phantom 3,4, and inspire Models Transmitter!?! Apple comes out with the mini 4 last year with anti-glare, and now they're selling Phantom 4's. Hmmm.... You be the Judge. I can tell you they work Flawlessly Together!!! just like they came in the same box, from the same Factory. I don't ever hear anyone bring up the issue of having a "VERY Good Cellular Connection when using the smart functions," but having experienced every single carrier before finally switching to Verizon, I can personally say that Verizon has the best overall coverage Hands Down!! I'm sure that there can be to some extenuating circumstances, such as Maybe being located very close to an AT&T tower or something like that. Generally speaking, Verizon is Superior when it comes to signal strength, and GPS. I've been wanting to mention this to the masses, but never found a better opportunity than Now. When you read the specs on all the smart functions they mention ("Accuracy can vary according to your Cellular Connection"). This isn't a big deal unless you are using one of the Smart Functions. If you ARE then it can mean the difference between everything working perfectly as it was designed to do, or outright not working at all when you least expect it, possibly causing you to crash, or even worse. I know Verizon service is expensive, and I have just accepted the fact that you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to you are cellular service. Speaking in behalf of anything, or anyone that is receiving cellular service through Verizon towers, and GPS services, just to be Clear. I've heard of some of these other more affordable Networks running off of Verizon, but I find it hard to believe that it's 100% Verizon coverage. I could be wrong, but I honestly just do not know. I DO know that I would not DARE flip that switch down under any circumstance, if I was with any other carrier considering my personal experiences with the rest of them in the past. I Absolutely believe that DJI thought about this, and that's why there is a "Height Restriction" all all of the smart functions no matter where you are. Think about it. I know I Have.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWH
You have to get a CELLULAR IPad Mini 4 with (cellular service) in order for the smart functions to work
Which smart functions are you referring to?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl