P4 Battery USB Cooling fan?

You got to be kidding me. Seriously, I'd tie a big chunk of ice to the front of the battery, or underneath/behind the gimbal.

As it melts ur drone will get lighter. Or store your batteries in an ice box, freezer.

You got to be kidding me. Seriously, I'd tie a big chunk of ice to the front of the battery, or underneath/behind the gimbal.

As it melts ur drone will get lighter. Or store your batteries in an ice box, freezer.

Sorry man, your missing what Im saying, when the batteries come out after flying they are hot - and its not good to charge hot batteries. The idea of the USB fan, is to quickly cool them down so you can charge and use them again.

But I do like your idea, dry ice might be better though ;)

Oh gotcha. Yes they are hot when removed. You pull easily make such a cooling fan. Personally, I have four batteries, and both a home and car charger. I let the battery cool naturally, use another and then charge when mostly cooled.

And yes, I'd agree, charging a hot battery is not healthy for the battery. I drive a BMW i3. Electric car. It maintains its battery in a very narrow temp range, using liquid cooling. Too cool diminishes range, too hot damages the battery. It will ever maintain the battery temp in that ideal range while fully charged, but plugged into the charger (not sure how much power it draws, but mine is stored in a garage, so it never gers too cool).

Hi guys,

I think I saw a picture around here of a user who had a dual fan setup to cool the batteries.

Does anyone have a link or know where this is?

I am thinking of buying one from ebay.

1pcs 5V 50mm 50x10mm 5010 Brushless DC Computer USB 2.0 Connect Cooling Fan
you could use a laptop cooling pad, they usually run about $15, they also plug into a usb and they have multiple fans. I wanted to build something like Adam Savage has for his Inspire 1, not really worried about cooling the batteries to allow for charging since they will probably cool enough on the drive home. Go to 13:30 to see Adams Charging dock
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers