P4 Battery Mod Advanced Questions.

Reaction score
Hey all I have some questions about a P4 battery mod.

If you where to mod a P4 by directly soldering an aux xt60 to the main PCB/BUS, like people currently are doing, essentially you would be running the aux and main battery in parallel.

Now I understand you can have different mah ratings in parallel and what's important is cell count I. e. voltage, so mixing a;

5600mah 4s 80c

2400mah 4s 20c

technically just becomes a

8000mah 14.8v battery.

However in this scenario you should treat the pack rated as 20c I.e. the lowest c rated battery on the circuit.

The reason I ask this is because a few people seem to use and get the best times with the 5200mah lihv multistars on their P3 which are rated at 10c continual discharge.

1. Does the P3 not draw more than this?

2. Does the P4 draw more than this?

3. Anyone know the P3 and P4 batteries C rating?

4. Is it not really as important as people suggest and a 20c and 60c in parallel really becomes more like a 40c?

5. It seems single battery mods are beating the duals I guess this is because the added resistence in a dual battery mod?

6. For all intent and purposes it seems the P4 is built sturdier then the P3 and is perhaps a heavier lifter, if a single lihv 5200 multistar is feasible on the P4 perhaps the 6600 may outperform it by a reasonable margin unlike the P3 where it seems that extra weight and stress was only giving an extra 3% flight time?

7. Anyone have any other suggestions? Would it be better to have a dual xt60 mod on the P4 so when we find out the P4 is safely capable of a 500g payload flying sensibly and someone decides to make some low C rated "Light" 2800mah packs we can use dual bats and eliminate the problems that come with a single heavy batt?

Thanks, IBM.

Last edited:
Nice one @thunderbird, seems the P3 can infact fly heavier, however this doesn't nessecerily mean it's more reliable over time, I. e. the P4's escs and motors may be able to handle stress using better components? Are the escs and motors on the P4 different to the later P3's?

Was the payload test an even spread of weight @thunderbird? What payload weight would you feel comfortable flying with on the 4?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4