P4 Antenna Booster now available

Reaction score
I wish to inform all the guys who own a 3D printer that it is now available on my Thingiverse page the 3D model of the "Range Booster" for your DJI Phantom 3/4 drone:

DJI Phantom 4 / 3 / Inspire 1 Range Booster by giufini

For those who don’t own or have access to a 3D printer, the Range Booster is now available as a ready to use accessory for your DJI drone.
It is made using a professional-grade 3D printer and impact resistant materials. Moreover, it comes provided with an already applied HQ seamless copper foil to guarantee the best performances.

You can usually get excellent results with the booster covered with aluminium foil, anyway my boosters with copper coating will allow you to reach more distant targets, moreover it can give better results expecially when you pilot your drone in areas with sparse trees and medium size obstacles. In any case, you will be greatly impressed by the improvements that this Range Booster will give to your flights with DJI Phantom or Inspire drones.

See my Thingiverse page for info about costs and availability.

IMG_3527brr.jpg

Happy flights with your Phantom!

None.

It looks cool compared to aluminum.

How many copper antennas have you seen?
(aside from PCB etched types)

Note also the reflector need not be opaque. The screen on the door of your microwave antenna is acting as a reflector.

Last edited:
Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Theoretically speaking, the metallic reflectance can be related to the conductivity by the Hagens-Ruben equation:

37162f3e4cae642f5a080c6ca6b9393c.png

where omega is the frequency, sigma is the conductivity, and epsilon_0 is the vacuum permittivity (8.85 x 10-12 F/m).
So the higher the conductivity, the higher the value of the reflectance:

Copper conductivity = 5.96×10^7
Aluminium conductivity = 3.50×10^7

Practically speaking, I have done a lot of direct comparisons between the two versions and I have always got slightly better results using the antenna booster with copper finish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik