P4 and Mavic Pro flying at the same time

Reaction score
Has anyone, well I'm sure someone has, flown two drones at one time? Does anyone has experience doing this and what are the pros/cons? Does the radio go haywire being so close together? Well then again, you could be flying with multiple people at a park too. I'm thinking of flying my P4 and Mavic Pro within close proximity like 50 feet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Me and a friend floy our P4 together. If we stay about 10-20 feet apart there is no interference. If we are close our DJI go app fails

Has anyone, well I'm sure someone has, flown two drones at one time? Does anyone has experience doing this and what are the pros/cons? Does the radio go haywire being so close together? Well then again, you could be flying with multiple people at a park too. I'm thinking of flying my P4 and Mavic Pro within close proximity like 50 feet.

I am flying my P4 and Mavic with the FPV Camera App on autonomous long range missions. Taking of at the same time flying identical missions with 10' hight difference.
Very exiting at times. Never had an issue and comparing flight logs afterwards is very interesting.

I never had any interference issue between two phantoms flying together at the same site.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am flying my P4 and Mavic with the FPV Camera App on autonomous long range missions. Taking of at the same time flying identical missions with 10' hight difference.
Very exiting at times. Never had an issue and comparing flight logs afterwards is very interesting.

This sounds amazing. Can you give more details or post videos?

This sounds amazing. Can you give more details or post videos?

I am Beta Testing FPV Camera For Mavic. Doing for example comparison of pre programmed speeds, mission accuracy etc..
The FPV C flight logs give a huge amount of telemetry info which can be analized and compared. The Mavic for example has a hard time in windy condition compared to the P4. (This does not mean that you can not fly in stronger winds with the Mavic)
In this particular case the P4 Tx was sitting during the whole mission on the floor while the Mavic Tx was in my hands and always directed to the quad. You can see where the P4 radio signal cut out.
BTW, the FPV Camera App is very safe for autonomous flight having done over 300 flawless missiones with almost half of them on the Mavic

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    6 MB · Views: 408
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 385
  • image.png
    image.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 403
Reactions: Jshank
I am Beta Testing FPV Camera For Mavic. Doing for example comparison of pre programmed speeds, mission accuracy etc..
The FPV C flight logs give a huge amount of telemetry info which can be analized and compared. The Mavic for example has a hard time in windy condition compared to the P4. (This does not mean that you can not fly in stronger winds with the Mavic)
In this particular case the P4 Tx was sitting during the whole mission on the floor while the Mavic Tx was in my hands and always directed to the quad. You can see where the P4 radio signal cut out.
BTW, the FPV Camera App is very safe for autonomous flight having done over 300 flawless missiones with almost half of them on the Mavic

When will this be available?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

FPV Camera App is allready available for the Mavic as well since a couple of weeks.
It's a great App. Never had a mishap with Phantom 4, Inspire 1 or Mavic.
It also includes FPV Goggles which works very well with a cell phone and cheap goggles

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic