P4 and flying bugs. RTH issue

DJS

Reaction score
Ok so mind you after today I have a whopping 58 minutes of flight time on my P4. After taking the aircraft to 250 feet I noticed numerous dead bugs on the body and props. Not a big deal as they washed right off I just found the experience .......odd.

I was playing with RTH and found the aircraft descending directly down from the position it was in when I sent the command. I did calibrate prior to take off, I did get the verbal message advising the RTH point was set. I'm sure , as a newbie, I'm doing something wrong. What did I do correctly? I was in a huge empty field with the aircraft only 75 feet away as I experimented with RTH.....nothing to hit. A painless learning experience. No I know what I need to work on during my next flight.

I was playing with RTH and found the aircraft descending directly down from the position it was in when I sent the command. I was in a huge empty field with the aircraft only 75 feet away as I experimented with RTH.....nothing to hit.
I've highlighted the solution to your mystery.
You need to go a little further away from the home point.
i-sqV7MFZ-XL.jpg

I've highlighted the solution to your mystery.
You need to go a little further away from the home point.
i-sqV7MFZ-XL.jpg
Thank you for the information. More testing/ learning tomorrow.

Ok so mind you after today I have a whopping 58 minutes of flight time on my P4. After taking the aircraft to 250 feet I noticed numerous dead bugs on the body and props. Not a big deal as they washed right off I just found the experience .......odd.

I was playing with RTH and found the aircraft descending directly down from the position it was in when I sent the command. I did calibrate prior to take off, I did get the verbal message advising the RTH point was set. I'm sure , as a newbie, I'm doing something wrong. What did I do correctly? I was in a huge empty field with the aircraft only 75 feet away as I experimented with RTH.....nothing to hit. A painless learning experience. No I know what I need to work on during my next flight.
When you press rc signal lost you get these choices :)
1491721505965712427207.jpg
this for my p34k but I think it the same on p4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj