P4 active track question?

Reaction score
Why doesn't my p4 move towards me when activetrack on It only rotates to follow me till I'm out of range. Enable backwards flying on too??

Once the subject is in the green box you have to hit "GO" then it will follow whatever's in the green box...

While Active Track is running, it will try to follow the subject that it’s currently tracking.

The most important thing to think about when using Active Track is visual line-of-sight. When the Phantom 4 is tracking you, it’s important for it to always see you clearly. What that means is if you’re running and then you go under a bridge for a second or two, it’s not intelligent enough “yet” to know that you will be coming back out from the other side. After it loses the track, it is capable of finding you again if you become visible in a reasonable amount of time, but in general it’s better to just avoid these kinds of situations. Another example would be if it’s tracking you, and then you decide to get in a car. It’s not going to understand that the new object to track is the car (not you).

The next thing you should consider is color. The Phantom 4 has a few different methods that it uses for figuring out what you look like, but it relies heavily on color information. Since most objects in the real world don’t change color randomly, this won’t be a problem in most situations. If you’re wearing a blue shirt and then you put on a red shirt a few seconds later, your Phantom 4 will probably be very confused. Problems can also start to occur when the subject you are tracking is very similar in color to it’s surroundings.

Using the right control stick, you can push it left and right to rotate the drone around the subject. Pushing the same stick up and down will control how far away the drone is. You can also push the left stick up and down to control the height of the drone while tracking.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Once the subject is in the green box you have to hit "GO" then it will follow whatever's in the green box...

got it thanks. it works. seems bettter than Litchi app tracking. It kinds of scares me. Jerky movement and searches crazily when lost. Thanks

got it thanks. it works. seems bettter than Litchi app tracking. It kinds of scares me. Jerky movement and searches crazily when lost. Thanks

makes sense, remember it’s important for the P4 to always see you clearly..

Reactions: Jack83
Why doesn't my p4 move towards me when activetrack on It only rotates to follow me till I'm out of range. Enable backwards flying on too??

Main reason.... collision avoidance. It does not work if the P4 is backing up. Consider how many people buy the P4 for Active Track and collision avoidance and then when they use Active Track, it flies into something.

Main reason.... collision avoidance. It does not work if the P4 is backing up. Consider how many people buy the P4 for Active Track and collision avoidance and then when they use Active Track, it flies into something.

Not sure I follow..
Collision avoidance does not work if the aircraft is backing up because it does not have obstacle sensing system (sensors) in the back, correct?

I learned very quickly that the backing up feature works really well when I was tracking my son's friend running. He changed direction suddenly and it backed to keep its distance the same and almost back it into a tree. It works, and works well. What I found out was, instead of hitting the pause button, or toggling the mode switch to cancel, it happened so fast I used the control sticks to take it down below the branch's that it was heading towards, and that either paused or cancelled the tracking. Like I said, it happened so fast, that was my reflex. Luckily, it responded and stopped.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Active track is a cool feature you can't go like lightning it won't keep up but maybe in the near future , heres a little video I did..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: JWH
makes sense, remember it’s important for the P4 to always see you clearly..
Will active track still track if I set the transmitter down? I was looking to buy a phantom 4 to track my rc truck can i activate tracking on my rc truck then set transmitter down on the drone and start driving my rc truck and have drone track the truck while i race. if it's not to far away?

Will active track still track if I set the transmitter down? I was looking to buy a phantom 4 to track my rc truck can i activate tracking on my rc truck then set transmitter down on the drone and start driving my rc truck and have drone track the truck while i race. if it's not to far away?

Active track needs a fairly large object to track. I think an RC truck might be too small... Also, I personally wouldn't put the phantom remote down and control another vehicle. Although active track does work, it's not faultless and might end up hitting a power line or anything else too small to sense. If your hands are off the controller, you might not be able to avoid a potential incident. Just my .02

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31