P4 $799 Worth it or save for upgrade

Reaction score
Ok so I jsut jumped into the drone game recently. Got me a PJI3 S and love it but it lacks the distance.

I'm not a pro so camara is not super important.

I do want the distance and extra speed will be fun.

Is the DJI 4 for $799 something I should jump on. or will I wish I waited for the advance or pro which I see on the bay for $1199.

There are plenty of people who (with mods )are getting great distances with the p3s. What kinda range are you getting? And how far would you like to go,,,?

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Ok so I jsut jumped into the drone game recently. Got me a PJI3 S and love it but it lacks the distance.

I'm not a pro so camara is not super important.

I do want the distance and extra speed will be fun.

Is the DJI 4 for $799 something I should jump on. or will I wish I waited for the advance or pro which I see on the bay for $1199.

With the exception of maybe the Mavic, the Phantom line of consumer (and most professional) UAVs are designed with videography as the point of empahsis - flying camera platforms. As such you'd be better served to thoroughly investigate the other players who may be more interested in speed and distance performance if that is what you want to pursue.

Have you had any experience flying sport drones or UAVs without GPS?

And of course, never forget that you must see your craft at all times in order to be sage and compliant and to allow the hobbyists to enjoy flying theirs!

With the exception of maybe the Mavic, the Phantom line of consumer (and most professional) UAVs are designed with videography as the point of empahsis - flying camera platforms. As such you'd be better served to thoroughly investigate the other players who may be more interested in speed and distance performance if that is what you want to pursue.

Have you had any experience flying sport drones or UAVs without GPS?

And of course, never forget that you must see your craft at all times in order to be sage and compliant and to allow the hobbyists to enjoy flying theirs!

Here is what I've found.

Dji 3s top speed 16m/s distance 1000m Cost $350 Refurb
DJI 4 top speed 20m/s distance 5000m recent price drop to $729 refurb

seems like a good deal rather than upgrading antena's on remote of DJI S

I like the camera and will use it I just am not producing movies I don't need the latest and gratest f stop stuff.

I don't see my self as racing as I like the safty features of the Phantom line plus i have kids that I hope will get to fly.

The P4 has been obsoleted by DJI. As of this writing they Phantom line consists of P3S, P4A, P4A+, P4P and P4P+.

So there will be good deals on P3A, P34k, P3P and P4 but not forever. We are at the dawn of personal/recreational/consumer and commercial UAVs and change will most likely continue to be rapid AND advanced, with us, the consumer who wants to play in this space, paying for it.

My P3P (which I truly appreciate and will continue to make use of it for as long as I can) will be a year old next month, something I struggle to believe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers