P4 5 times more stable than its predecessor

DJI claims the P4 to be 5 times more stable than the P3 pro and P3 Adv.
Where exactly did they claim that?

I wouldn't agree that it's 5 times more stable, but my P4 seems to be more stable than my P3s.

Where exactly did they claim that?

I wouldn't agree that it's 5 times more stable, but my P4 seems to be more stable than my P3s.
The Verge Phantom 4 review

LIKE A TRIPOD IN THE SKY
DJI claims the Phantom 4 is five times more stable than its predecessor, and in our testing it delivered incredibly smooth footage. While hovering it never had an issue holding its exact position to within an inch or two, even in moderate winds. The extra stability come courtesy of an additional IMU, and double the number of downward facing cameras and sonar sensors, which the Phantom uses for its visual positioning system. When executing an automatic return to its home position the craft always landed within a few inches of its takeoff position.

DJI Phantom 4 Review: The first drone for everyone

I wasn't sure if dji actually claimed this or if The Verge's journalist is making it up. Either way was curious what you guys think

Sent from my SM-T713 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure either, but I've never seen DJI claim that in writing. It's most definitely not 5 times more stable than any P3. I do see a noticeable difference though.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Not sure either, but I've never seen DJI claim that in writing. It's most definitely not 5 times more stable than any P3. I do see a noticeable difference though.
Yes I definitely see a difference too. I just got done flying both my p4 and p3p in 10-15mph winds mostly hovering about 10-15 feet and the p4 is alot more stable, especially when I turned around in a 360. Funny that the author would claim that. I've never read it from dji , and I have been doing a ton of research lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know about 5 times. But it's noticeably more stable.

My P3P and P3A would dance a little in the air... One time my P3P would make little circles.

I've never had my P4 do that! Ever! It's rock solid.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

In a less than intelligent moment, I wondered if it was possible to fly two drones with one pilot, so I gave it a go the other day. I put the P4 in the air filming, and flew my P1 around. Ready to pick up the P4 controller at any moment should the need arise but it never happened. The p4 stayed exactly where I put it for the duration of the flight.

I don't know about 5 times more stable than my P3 but it couldn't have been more stable if it had been stuck on a tripod, very impressive.
Snapshot - 2.png

e.

Last edited:
P4 is more stable shure, 5 times? I guess if you place both birds in the sky at the same time, if the P3 moves around 20 inches and the P4 only 4 inches you could say it`s 5 times more stable. Sorta hard to mesure.

wonder if this is what they are referring to

Hover Accuracy

P4
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

P3P
  • Horizontal:
    +/- 1.5 m

wonder if this is what they are referring to

Hover Accuracy

P4
Horizontal:
+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m

P3P
  • Horizontal:
    +/- 1.5 m

I'm not sure but I've read so many articles saying DJI claims it. Idk. I find myself flying my P3P more because I don't want to mess up my P4 hahaha. Funny the way the mind works

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

P4 is definitely more stable than my P3. For some reason I am more reluctant to fly the P4...maybe it's just the cost.

Me too! It's sort of a OCD thing for me as I want to keep me P4 as new as possible plus I'm still really new to all this and practice makes perfect so I figure if I practice on my P3P until I get more experience. I also bought a Hubsan x4 with fpv which I received a few days ago and a Blade nano qx which I haven't received yet to practice in the house. I was crashing the x4 like crazy but now I'm getting pretty good. Sort of proud of myself. I even bought 6 more batteries with a lipo balance board so I can charge the batteries using my Hitec X2 plus charger

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj