P3standard won't calibrate

Reaction score
I just got my P3 from Best Buy yesterday and have only flown it once. The first time I flew it I didn't calibrate it and now this time my drone won't take off unless I do calibrate it. When I calibrate it horizontally it works but when I do it vertically it says I'm too close to something metal which is not true because I'm doing it away from the phone and controller in a very empty open area. What could be the problems ? I'd really like to fix it

Isn't it still suppose to be able to take off without calibration ? I've seen other people with this problem but theirs would at least take off and land itself.

No in my back yard which is 3 acres of nothing but grass. Would it help to try it on the concrete road?

Dang. I can't imagine why it won't calibrate then. It fell from a small distance not very high last night. It didn't break anything except the rubber piece holding in the camera popped out. Could that have cause they compass to mess up?

I always turn my remote on first and then the phantom then let it warm up a minute or 2. I always was able to take off.

Please try in a completely different location. There may be ferrous material in the soil below you. As mentioned, be sure not to have coins, keys, watches, etc. on your person.

is there a reason why mine is forcing me to calibrate? The motors won't even come on nor will it allow me to takeoff until I do the calibration.

is there a reason why mine is forcing me to calibrate? The motors won't even come on nor will it allow me to takeoff until I do the calibration.
You are not in a NFZ correct? Also I would recommend a complete calibration of the aircraft, IMU.

I was thinking about bringing it to a large empty parking lot and trying to calibrate it there. Do you think this would be a good idea ?

:D No problem. Here is a link to more acronyms you will see thrown around here - AACU = Acronyms & Abbreviations Commonly Used

NFZ = No Fly Zone

Do not calibrate over man made surfaces if possible. And metal will affect it including magnets in tablet covers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj