P3S works great with iPad, not with Nexus 7?

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've logged 125 flights on my P3S using iPad Air as my linked device for the DJI go app. But the iPad is unwieldy and a bit heavy for the RC, and so, I picked up a barely used Nexus 7 2013 generation 2, hoping to use it as a dedicated device mounted to the RC. But I can't get the nexus 7 to connect; DJI Go app loads OK, but I can't connect via the "camera" link. Instead, I get only "instructions to connect," which I follow without success.

I know this isn't a new problem. How are other flyers solving it? Any tricks? I'm a bit cautious, because I don't want to mess things up to the point that my iPad can't connect either...

Thx.

I'm relying on wifi for the connection. Your question implies a hard wire connection thru USB between the Nexus 7 and RC. Is that correct?

Ah, yes, a P3S.

Does the WiFi connect?

Ah, yes, a P3S.

Does the WiFi connect?

Only partly, and only to DJI. I appear to be connected to DJI for some flight records and to the DJI store., etc., but not to the RC or the drone. Under " Connect your DJI device" I get only Inspire 1 choices, and at bottom of my screen, "How to connect."

Following those instructions for my P3S doesn't help. Other ideas? Thx.

Only partly, and only to DJI.

You should be connecting to the phantom (the P3 will create its own hotspot with the SSID containing "phantom" in it. It's impossible for you to have internet access and be connected to the bird at the same time.

In your wifi settings do you see the phantom SSID in the list of access points? If so you'll need to connect to that.

Yes, I've selected the Phantom SSID in wifi. As the Nexus tries to log on, I get a temporary note on the Nexus 7, "authentication problem." I've confirmed my password with DJI and don't know what else might fix that.

Sorry I'm less skilled in these matters than some are. Appreciate any clues about what to do next. Thx.

Your WiFi password is the same as whatever you're using when connecting with your iPad (12341234 by default). Is your Nexus 7 able to connect to other WiFi networks?

Your WiFi password is the same as whatever you're using when connecting with your iPad (12341234 by default). Is your Nexus 7 able to connect to other WiFi networks?

Yes. A mystery why it hasn't connected with the Phantom and RC...I will try the "forget" approach. I've already reloaded DJI Go a couple of times.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic