Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3S won't start up after crash

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Brianjproductions, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Brianjproductions

hey guys! new here, hoping to get some advice before i give up and buy another!

so just after getting comfortable with it, i crashed it. seemed like minimal damage: 2 props broken, the gimbal base plate/bracket was broke, and the harness and 2 wires (black and grey) were disconnected. i just got through fixing the obvious, powered on both the phantom and the RC, opened up the app and connected. i was excited that i might actually get this back up in the air. unfortunately when i tried, i couldn't get the motors to start up. if i move the stick on the RC the camera moves, the FPV is working. i tried reconnecting the RC, but still nothing.

now I'm stuck. if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. i know I'm not giving you much info to go off, but ill be glad to answer any questions!

thanks guys!

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Does the auto takeoff feature work in the DJI GO app?

Before trying that though, it would be a good idea to calibrate your remote controller. Just in case it's out of calibration.

3. Kneepuck

You may have to recalibrate the IMU as well. And, do you have any messages like Compass error?

4. Brianjproductions

thanks guys appreciate the replies.

i didnt try the auto takeoff... ill have to give it a shot.

i dont get the IMU recalibrate, says i dont need it, but i can try it. im not getting any other messages.

if the ESC/main board was bad, wouldnt i get the ESC message? or not always?

5. Kneepuck

Idk about that, but I have found that an Imu calibration can help with many problems, even if the craft thinks you don't need one. I have also heard, but not experienced, about a situation where some part of the imu or compass will get stuck somehow, providing the message you are getting sometimes. The fix is to give it a good whack opposite of the side that crashed.
    I don't make the news, I just report it. But it makes a kind of twisted sense.

Take a look at the Sensors screen and see if any of the values seem way out there. Also, what is the pattern of the lights on the arms blinking?

#5 Kneepuck, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  6. Kneepuck

Yes, auto take off and auto land both work fine. Auto take of will go up to about 2 1/2 meters and hover.