p3s wont connect to app.

Reaction score
Crashed my phantom 3 standard and broke the yaw arm on the gimbal. I repaired it and put it back together. I went to test drone and everything works as usual. RC connects to p3 and flies perfectly fine. wifi connects to my device but the app does not produce a camera image or show connection in anything other than gps display. I've checked connections on wires and have tried to re download app. people have told me to do the firmware update but the app does not give the option to do the update. I would appreciate any help I can get!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160803-203022.png
    Screenshot_20160803-203022.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 297
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Your not getting signal from the Phantom back to the remote, I understand that on a Std there is 2 channels of WiFi that is sent from the Phantom back to the remote, you are not receiving ether. One is the image, the other is telemetry. Your mobile device gets the WiFi from the remote.
Other than that, I need to do some thinking, somebody else should throw you some stuff soon.:rolleyes:

Rod

In what order are you firing up the bird?

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Your not getting signal from the Phantom back to the remote, I understand that on a Std there is 2 channels of WiFi that is sent from the Phantom back to the remote, you are not receiving ether. One is the image, the other is telemetry. Your mobile device gets the WiFi from the remote.
Other than that, I need to do some thinking, somebody else should throw you some stuff soon.:rolleyes:

Rod
thanks for the reply rod. the wifi is the only thing i can think of but not sure how to go about knowing or sure

Try it this way:

Remote, then app...after they have connected, then fire up the bird. After that, the red light on the remote turns to green. Give it a few moments and the pic/video should appear. If not, you didn't put something together quite right during or after the repair.

Good luck. Let us know if you get it or not.

Try it this way:

Remote, then app...after they have connected, then fire up the bird. After that, the red light on the remote turns to green. Give it a few moments and the pic/video should appear. If not, you didn't put something together quite right during or after the repair.

Good luck. Let us know if you get it or not.

I really appreciate your help Squirrell.
Just tried that. no luck. The remote however is not turning green. Got yellow flashing on the drone. If the camera is not connected properly I should at least get the Remote signal as well as the gps satellite signal on the app correct?

I would imagine, yes. You should be able to remove the camera entirely and still be able to fly, albeit blind. My guess is either you forgot to reconnect something, you reconnected something wrong or, the most likely scenario, there was internal damage when you crashed. I'm 'guessing' the latter.

I did the same thing and am experiencing similar issues.
I am ready to take it apart and see if the issue is internal.

Before I do that though...

When I crashed, the wifi cable (the flat one with a bunch of wires) came loose and the grey wire came out of it's crimped connector.
What are the grey and black wires for?

If I didn't recrimp the single grey wire well enough, would it prevent the camera feed from coming back to my phone?

I did the same thing and am experiencing similar issues.
I am ready to take it apart and see if the issue is internal.

Before I do that though...

When I crashed, the wifi cable (the flat one with a bunch of wires) came loose and the grey wire came out of it's crimped connector.
What are the grey and black wires for?

If I didn't recrimp the single grey wire well enough, would it prevent the camera feed from coming back to my phone?

yes, the grey and black wires are antenna connections. it is almost impossible to recrimp the connector correctly. you can get a new one quite cheap

yes, the grey and black wires are antenna connections. it is almost impossible to recrimp the connector correctly. you can get a new one quite cheap
Link to the new antenna wire? I need to replace mine and while I can easily find the gray ribbon easily enough, the black and grey antenna wires have proven more difficult. So if you can provide a link, I'd appreciate it. We had a recent snow and I would like to get my bird back in the air for some winter footage. Thanks for any help you may provide.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Let me try to be a little more exact with my issues because I don't fully understand the system between the RC, mobile app, and the p3s.

[OK] RC to mobile app - seems to be fine. I can calibrate the joysticks and see readings on the app that match what I'm doing to the RC.
[OK] RC to p3s - seems to be okay. I can rotate the camera level. All lights are green. Even the tiny one on the gimbal.
[BAD] Mobile app to p3s - can't get video to show on mobile app. Connectivity is low or poor. I see "Take off failure" as an error message on the app when I press the "Take off" icon.

I see two sets of antennas:
(1) The black and grey single wires are separate antenna connecting gimbal to shell.
(2) The black and grey single wires on the shell that go down the landing gear.

I was referencing (1) in this case.
So I have a couple questions:
  • Are the single grey wires in (1) and (2) different lines or are they connected somewhere/extensions of each other?
  • What type of information passes through the grey wire in (1)?
  • Just to confirm, would a faulty grey single wire in (1) cause the p3s video to not display anything on the mobile app but still allow other functions to perform?

Also I wanted to thank everyone for their help thus far. I am here to fix my friend's p3s that I crashed into a tree within minutes of him handing me the controller. This is super neat and I might be getting into this hobby myself now...

You can purchase a P3S antenna here on Amazon or here on eBay.
Amazon not available, but the 'bay has it. Thanks!

I was apparently searching for the wrong thing. I wasn't aware I had to replace the whole antenna, I thought the wires were just jumpers from the actual antenna to the gimbal body. Happy New Year, Mike!

Are the single grey wires in (1) and (2) different lines or are they connected somewhere/extensions of each other?
They are different antennas. (1) is the Wi-Fi antenna (for the downlink) and (2) is the antenna for the remote controller.

What type of information passes through the grey wire in (1)?
Video and telemetry

would a faulty grey single wire in (1) cause the p3s video to not display anything on the mobile app but still allow other functions to perform?
Yes.

Guys, you were right! Did the repair yesterday and every looks good now! Thanks for all your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic