Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

p3s wont connect to app.

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by luoman09, Aug 4, 2016.

1. luoman09

Crashed my phantom 3 standard and broke the yaw arm on the gimbal. I repaired it and put it back together. I went to test drone and everything works as usual. RC connects to p3 and flies perfectly fine. wifi connects to my device but the app does not produce a camera image or show connection in anything other than gps display. I've checked connections on wires and have tried to re download app. people have told me to do the firmware update but the app does not give the option to do the update. I would appreciate any help I can get!

Attached Files:

2. RodPad

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Your not getting signal from the Phantom back to the remote, I understand that on a Std there is 2 channels of WiFi that is sent from the Phantom back to the remote, you are not receiving ether. One is the image, the other is telemetry. Your mobile device gets the WiFi from the remote.
    Other than that, I need to do some thinking, somebody else should throw you some stuff soon.:rolleyes:

Rod

3. Squirrel!

In what order are you firing up the bird?

4. luoman09

drone remote then app. thanks for the reply squirrel

5. luoman09

thanks for the reply rod. the wifi is the only thing i can think of but not sure how to go about knowing or sure

6. Squirrel!

Try it this way:

Remote, then app...after they have connected, then fire up the bird. After that, the red light on the remote turns to green. Give it a few moments and the pic/video should appear. If not, you didn't put something together quite right during or after the repair.

Good luck. Let us know if you get it or not.

7. luoman09

I really appreciate your help Squirrell.
    Just tried that. no luck. The remote however is not turning green. Got yellow flashing on the drone. If the camera is not connected properly I should at least get the Remote signal as well as the gps satellite signal on the app correct?

8. Squirrel!

I would imagine, yes. You should be able to remove the camera entirely and still be able to fly, albeit blind. My guess is either you forgot to reconnect something, you reconnected something wrong or, the most likely scenario, there was internal damage when you crashed. I'm 'guessing' the latter.