P3S with Argtek Mod Test flight #1, Android Nexus 7 (weird flight)

Reaction score
Yesterday I tested my Argtek antenna mod for its first distance flight. I initially took off to 150 feet in my neighbor hood just to capture a quick flight and picture of the house. The DJI GO app started having issues and once I reached 100+ feet after I took a picture. It started trying to play the picture back that I just took. I exited out of it and relaunched the app but it was not back in FPV mode. It went back to preview the same photo. (so I guess I didn't kill the app) I landed it LOS then moved to my test field in a rural area.

Relaunched my P3S with the nexus 7 (after a restart) and it started having issues connecting again and capturing FPV. I switched over to my iPhone 6S and ran DJI go without any issues. Actually runs really solid. But, during the flight I experienced some weak signal issues pretty close by, maybe 500-1000 feet at around 100 feet high. So I adjusted the Argtek and pushed on. Signal came back and I reach near 2,000 feet out. No other issues.

I believe I will be able to get good distance once I can sort through my tablet issues. I have an Ipad air that I can use but I really wanted to keep an Android tablet for Litchi.

Just wanted to post this to get some feedback..Thanks

shield tablet no issues

Reactions: mcphipps
little tip I learned put paddles at 45 degree angle even get better distance

Nice, will make sure I do that! I been looking at the Shield tablet a lot! I think they are only $200.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

yes only problem I had was finding sunshade for it then looked on ebay found one just for that tablet

yes only problem I had was finding sunshade for it then looked on ebay found one just for that tablet
flpholt...do you have a link for the tablet sunshade?
Does it work good? I am having a horrific time with my Shield in the sun.
I have tried even putting a baseball cap on it. Then it started chewing tobacco so I took it off. LOL

Can you post a pic of the paddles at 45 degrees? Thats for the video right? 2.4Ghz.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl