P3S with 1.6.80 - Upgrade or Downgrade?

@George McCann still nothing I tried everything. I can go to 1.7.xx and back to 1.6.8 but no lower :/

i know there is actually an additional micro sd card within the drone (remove the battery pack) and it should be in the middle, has anyone removed this and seen whats on this?

i would suspect it is also the firmware, it may be worth making a back up of this card anyway. but the method i mentioned regarding flashing the main board should work no matter what firmware you are using.

another method would be to complete format the sd card (gimbal) inserting into drone completely blank, turning the drone on.. allowing it to make a data file for whats going on. and then removing it from the drone pasting the firmware on to it and then following the procedure once more above.

Hope this helps. btw its worth mentioning your meant to hold the relinking button while your turning the battery on (should flash green) - it may also be worth trying to reboot the drone before the downgrade begins again. the idea of this method is to completely restart the updating process from square one even if there is no firmware on the drone.

as for the RC- this firmware is not down-gradable as far as i am aware (but im sure there is a way)

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.09.22 20:30:34 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2016.09.24 17:58:47 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Still nothing.....

Last edited:
The remote might be downgradable via the USB cable. but how, that's the question.

I went out to an empty place, a long way from the city and i maxed out at 333m altitude and 600m distance. The view looks incredible from that distance.

So, for people that have 1.6.80, the best thing would be to get it to 1.5.70+ and use PapaTita's 27db mod. This is a respectable range, without modding the RC with external antennas.

Maybe the next firmware update will solve all the issues. I guess we are all hoping for that. The P3S is a good bang for buck drone, as long as it delivers what it should.

This should work...
Use this method..
Debug method here... Please like my post??
P3S P3/4K downgrade Possible !?! ALL the WAY back!!! (Confirmed Working to 1.5.7!!!)

UPDATE!!!
New, method allows for the downgrade to 1.5.7 Link Below!!
Step by Step Downgrade from 1.8.1 to 1.7.9 P3S
With Only USB cable !! :)
Turn on R/C and A/C....
Connect the DJI go app.. Go to the main screen like in the video...
Connect the USB cable to the A/C and PC...
Open the drive that comes up on PC...
Copy the P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin file to the root directory of the drive... Remove USB cable..
Turn off A/C....
Turn on A/C...
A/C will start "downgrade" you will see it in the app (like video)
Once at 100% complete... (leave on)
Reconnect USB cable...
Go back to PC... Delete the P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin... (must)
restart A/C and R/C ...
Done... :)
Always Run an IMU re-calculation...
After Every Firmware update...
Whether it says it needs one or not!!
Please :)
No format... No deleting of files... Just copy P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.bin on the Root folder of the card...
That is All... :)
If you have a Sd card reader you can use it.
Just put the bin on the root folder of the sd card put it in the drone and Connect the DJI go app..
Go to the main screen like in the video...
Turn on A/C...
A/C will start "downgrade" you will see it in the app (like video)
Once at 100% complete... Turn off everything pull out sd card and delete bin if it is still there(format card)

"If you have used this same card for ANY other update it is BEST if you FORMAT the Sd card :)"

Debug method here... Please like my post!!
P3S P3/4K downgrade Possible !?! ALL the WAY back!!! (Confirmed Working to 1.5.7!!!)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31