p3s upgrade to advanced

Reaction score
This is quite a turn around for a person that to start with did not really like the p3 for the first few weeks of owning it BUT i do now think its a very good camera quad, flies superb, so heres the deal:
at the start of the new year i get a very good bonus at work and have planned to get a better multirotor, i have the P3s and i built a really nice Naza S550 hex, but thought i might get some thing better, had planned on a Yuneec quad but been put of, so now i am wondering if i would benefit from selling the 3s and getting a 3 advanced, i kinda think the only gain would be longer range, but bear in mind i cant see the p3 when it goes past 350 meters
and we are not meant to fly past LOS so the longer range does not seem to be needed, what other benefits from going to a P3A

Lightbridge, Glonass, VPS, better camera (yes, the 2.7k in Advance and Standard are not the same).

Hi Apollo ,
I recently upgraded my p3s to the advanced and it offers so much range and signal stability , very good bit of kit, did a night flight last week and achieved a distance of 4568 m and still maintained a strong signal, definitely advise the upgrade [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: apollo64
Hi Apollo ,
I recently upgraded my p3s to the advanced and it offers so much range and signal stability , very good bit of kit, did a night flight last week and achieved a distance of 4568 m and still maintained a strong signal, definitely advise the upgrade [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Any mods?

Sounds like i might go for the advanced early next year then :cool:

You might want to consider the P3 pro. If I had known my Samsung 4k tv plays 4k video right off the sd card, but doesn't like 2.7k unless you convert it first, I would have skipped over the advanced.

Sorry to say i am having second thoughts about spending lots more money on this hobby, this has come about after last sunday me and a friend were flying, and my friends huge F800 wookong that had been flying perfectly decided to do a spur of the moment fly away ending in a 100ft freefall about half a mile away, it is pretty well destroyed, there was no reason for this to happen, only thing i can think is the wookong played up, suddenly it does not seem to such a good idea to have a large amount of cash in one machine

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl