P3S telemetry without camera installed/ control board only?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just purchased a used standard camera and control board but it does not have a ribbon cable or bottom control board mount/cover/base plate (for the gimbal plate, see pic) The camera and arms are separated from the control board.

Sooooo I was under the assumption that the control board is what sends the telemetry (The antenna wires being hooked up etc...) and the camera itself just the image (control board also sends information to the gimbal motors etc.) but the actual telemetry to the app if from the control board.

Really I am not sure. I do understand I can just fly the drone without the camera unit/gimbal installed BUT that isn't the question. Where does the telemetry derive from? (sent) Does the entire unit need to be installed for telemetry? (camera, arms etc..)

ALSO, I have several drones in different states of repair; it would be nice if I could plug in the control board only for rudimentary testing of sorts.

In addition I am having trouble finding the needed parts (besides the mounting plate and ribbon cable) to complete the camera assembly. Educate me please. Might seem like a absurd question to some but its a question for those more experienced non the less.

Much appreciated!
s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 325
Hello, Im in Colorado Springs. I can take a pic of whats left on the drone and post it. The mounting plate isnt installed on the drone but the ribbon/antennas are in good shape.

I know I need the vibration plate. That I can get. Its the base cover plate on the gimbal controll board that connecta TOO the vibration plate

Attachments

• 20170211_111055.jpg
    20170211_111055.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 299
I know I need the vibration plate. That I can get. Its the base cover plate on the gimbal controll board that connecta TOO the vibration plate
Oh sorry. Wrong part. Ok, so the wires seem to be ok. Sorry if you already said but do you not know how it goes together or what? I'm just trying to help.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

No problem. Its hard to find the base cover. Need to figure out if the control board itself will send telemetry without the camera attached

The units havent arrived yet, just the pic the seller sent me.. The base cover plate that covers the bottom of the control board and has the attachment for the shock absorbers/dampeners

Nope. Read first post. Wanted to find out where the telemetry derives from. Will the control board by itself send tele data OR does the entire gimbal/camera/ribbon cable need to be installed. I.E, what sends the tele data? The control board or the camera itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers