P3S signal question

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been flying for a couple of weeks now and really enjoying the new hobby. When I was out yesterday I took her to 700m and lost video signal, I was a bit worried at this point because I'd lost sight of her so I quickly hit RTH, I swiped yes on the 'are you sure' message and nothing happened, no beeping from the controller or anything! So I started to panic as without video feed I had no idea of her orientation. Anyway after about 20 seconds or so, the video feed came back and the controller started beeping to let me know she was on her way back to me. I can understand the video only coming back when the range is ok but I would have thought that the beeping would have happened as soon as I hit RTH. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Always be concerned on long distance flights. 700m is 2000 plus feet. Or half a mile which is a long way away. If I did not get a response the first time I would have hit rth a second time to make sure it was received. Not sure if you were close to any cell phone towers or other obstructions to your signal this is exactly why I decided I will try and not fly within the city from
Now on. I will take a country drive somewhere and fly to have piece of mind. Good luck. I also love the hobby. But it can be a bit scary.

Always be concerned on long distance flights. 700m is 2000 plus feet. Or half a mile which is a long way away. If I did not get a response the first time I would have hit rth a second time to make sure it was received. Not sure if you were close to any cell phone towers or other obstructions to your signal this is exactly why I decided I will try and not fly within the city from
Now on. I will take a country drive somewhere and fly to have piece of mind. Good luck. I also love the hobby. But it can be a bit scary.

Hitting RTH a second time will cancel it.

Not sure of that. As I did what you described yesterday. I hit the rth. Nothing after sliding the bar in app. I did it again and it started to beep. I was about 398 in altitude and about 300m away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1